I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Sara Elizabeth Cosgrove, M.D.
Associate Hospital Epidemiologist
Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Infectious Disease
Research Interests: Prevention of hospital-acquired infections and epidemiology and management of S. aureus bacteremia; Development of tools and programs to promote rational use of antimicrobials; Epidemiology and outcomes of antimicrobial resistance ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
Appointment Phone: 410-955-1725
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Medicine - Green Spring Station
Appointment Phone: 410-583-2851
10753 Falls Road
Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093 map
Sara Cosgrove, M.D., M.S., FSHEA, FIDSA, associate professor of medicine and epidemiology at Johns Hopkins University, is an infectious diseases physician, Director of the Antimicrobial Stewardship Program and Associate Hospital Epidemiologist at The Johns Hopkins Hospital. She is responsible for oversight of antibiotic use at hospital and assists the hospital epidemiologist with the functions of the HEIC department. Dr. Cosgrove’s research interests include epidemiology and outcomes of antimicrobial resistance, development of tools and programs to promote rational use of antimicrobials, prevention of hospital-acquired infections and epidemiology and management of S. aureus bacteremia. She currently serves as Secretary on the SHEA Board of Directors and is the Chair of SHEA’s Antimicrobial Stewardship Taskforce.department.
- Associate Hospital Epidemiologist
- Director, Antimicrobial Stewardship Program
- Professor of Medicine
Centers & Institutes
- MD; Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine (1995)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Medicine (1998)
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center / Infectious Diseases (2001)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Infectious Disease (2000)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1998)
Activities & Honors
- Chair, SHEA’s Antimicrobial Stewardship Taskforce
- Secretary, SHEA Board of Directors