I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Sherita Hill Golden, M.D., M.H.S.
Director, Inpatient Diabetes Management Service
Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Cardiovascular Diseases, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus, Endocrinology, Lipid Disorders
Research Interests: Diabetes and Depression; Diabetes Epidemiology; Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease; Inpatient Diabetes Healthcare Delivery
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-955-9270
1800 Orleans St. Sheikh Zayed Tower Baltimore, MD 21287
Phone: 410-502-0993 | Fax: 410-367-2042
Dr. Sherita Hill Golden is the Hugh P. McCormick Family Professor of Endocrinology and Metabolism and Executive Vice-Chair of the Department of Medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She holds joint appointments in the Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology, and Clinical Research, in the Department of Epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, and in the Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality. She is Director of the Johns Hopkins Hospital Inpatient Glucose Management Program. The author of more than 130 articles, 12 book chapters, and 4 monographs, Dr. Golden’s primary research interests center around (1) identifying endocrine risk factors associated with the development of diabetes and cardiovascular disease; (2) examining mental health complications of diabetes and the biological, hormonal, and behavioral factors that explain these associations, (3) understanding and eliminating diabetes health disparities, and (4) implementing and evaluating systems interventions to improve patient safety and quality of care in hospitalized patients with diabetes. She was Chairperson of the Endocrine Society’s first Scientific Statement on Health Disparities in Endocrine Disorders. She serves as the Principal Investigator of the Johns Hopkins site of the Diabetes Prevention Program Outcome Study. In 2013, she was elected to the American Society for Clinical Investigation. Dr. Golden is a devoted mentor and currently serves as Director of the Epidemiology and Clinical Research in Diabetes and Endocrinology Training Grant.
- Director, Inpatient Diabetes Management Service
- Executive Vice-Chair, Department of Medicine
- Professor of Medicine
- MD; Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine (1994)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Medicine (1997)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Endocrinology (2000)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Endocrinology/Diabetes/Metabolism (2000)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- Summa cum laude, University of Maryland, College Park
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- C. Richard Bowman Scholar, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Delta Omega Honorary Public Health Society
- Trudy Bush Fellowship, for Cardiovascular Research in Women's Health
- Fellow, American Heart Association
- American Society for Clinical Investigation
- Hugh P. McCormick Family Professorship in Endocrinology and Metabolism
- David M. Levine Excellence in Mentoring Award, Johns Hopkins Department of Medicine
- American Diabetes Association
- American Heart Association
- American Medical Association
- Endocrine Society