I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Derek Michael Fine, M.D.
Director, Nephrology Fellowship Program
Associate Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Afrikaans
Expertise: Glomerulonephritis, HIV Related Kidney Disease, Kidney biopsy , Lupus Nephritis, Nephrology, Rhabdomyolysis, Scleroderma Related Kidney Disease ...read more
Research Interests: HIV kidney diseases; Lupus nephritis
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-955-0670
1800 Orleans St. Sheikh Zayed Tower Baltimore, MD 21287
Dr. Derek M. Fine is an associate professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include glomerular kidney disease, particularly lupus nephritis and other immune mediated kidney diseases, HIV-related kidney disease, scleroderma-related kidney disease, kidney biopsy, and rhabdomyolysis.
Dr. Fine serves as the director of the Nephrology Fellowship Program.
Dr. Fine earned his M.D. at Johns Hopkins. He completed his residency in internal medicine and his fellowship in nephrology at Johns Hopkins.
His research interests include HIV-related kidney diseases and lupus nephritis.
- Director, Nephrology Fellowship Program
- Medical Director, Fresenius Kidney Care Caroline Street
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1994)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Internal Medicine (1997)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Nephrology (1999)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Nephrology (2000)
Research & Publications
Over the past 17 years most of Dr. Fine's research has focused on optimizing renal outcomes in patients with kidney diseases, particularly those related to HIV and SLE. He have published many original research articles and reviews related to these areas. He also published broadly on the natural history and clinical outcomes of in HIV- infected individuals with kidney diseases in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy. In addition, he has been a co-investigator on several NIH grants and PI on grants offered by the National Kidney Foundation Maryland Chapter.
His areas of research focus include lupus, HIV, glomerular kidney diseases, and nephrology.
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
- Sheets KM, Atta MG, Fine DM, Zook K, Mcfall AM, Estrella MM, Schwartz GJ, Lucas GM. Longitudinal Assessment of Proximal Tubular Dysfunction in HIV Seropositive and Seronegative Persons: Correlates and Implications. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017 May 1;75(1):45-51.
- Hinson JS, Ehmann MR, Fine DM, Fishman EK, Toerper MF, Rothman RE, Klein EY. Risk of Acute Kidney Injury After Intravenous Contrast Media Administration. Ann Emerg Med. 2017 May;69(5):577-586.e4.
- Lucas GM, Atta MG, Fine DM, McFall AM, Estrella MM, Zook K, Stein JH. HIV, Cocaine Use, and Hepatitis C Virus: A Triad of Nontraditional Risk Factors for Subclinical Cardiovascular Disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2016 Oct;36(10):2100-7.
- Monroy Trujillo JM, Fine DM. Management of proliferative lupus nephritis. Panminerva Med. 2016 Dec;58(4):286-293.
- Atta MG, Estrella MM, Fine DM, Zook K, Monroy Trujillo JM, Stein JH, Lucas GM. Correlates and Longitudinal Renal and Cardiovascular Implications of FGF23 Levels in HIV-Positive Individuals. PLoS One. 2016 May 13;11(5):e0155312.
- Monroy Trujillo JM, Fine DM. Lupus Nephritis in the Era of Biomarkers. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016 Jan 7;11(1):4-5.
- Atta MG, Estrella MM, Skorecki KL, Kopp JB, Winkler CA, Wasser WG, Shemer R, Racusen LC, Kuperman M, Foy MC, Lucas GM, Fine DM. Association of APOL1 Genotype with Renal Histology among Black HIV-Positive Patients Undergoing Kidney Biopsy. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2016 Feb 5;11(2):262-70.
- Lucas GM, Atta MG, Zook K, McFall AM, Mehta SH, Fine DM, Stein JH, Schwartz GJ. Factors associated with iohexol-based glomerular filtration rate slope over 36 months in HIV-negative and HIV-positive individuals. AIDS. 2016 Feb 20;30(4):619-26.
- Sharma K, Hill T, Grams M, Daya NR, Hays AG, Fine D, Thiemann DR, Weiss RG, Tedford RJ, Kass DA, Schulman SP, Russell SD. Outcomes and worsening renal function in patients hospitalized with heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. Am J Cardiol. 2015 Nov 15;116(10):1534-40.
- Waheed S, Attia D, Estrella MM, Zafar Y, Atta MG, Lucas GM, Fine DM.. Proximal tubular dysfunction and kidney injury associated with tenofovir in HIV patients: a case series. Clin Kidney J. 2015 Aug;8(4):420-5.
- Waheed S, Sakr A, Chheda ND, Lucas GM, Estrella M, Fine DM, Atta MG. Outcomes of Renal Transplantation in HIV-1 Associated Nephropathy. PLoS One. 2015 Jun 10;10(6):e0129702.
- Fine DM. Dialogue: Early predictors of long-term lupus nephritis outcomes: looking into the future. Lupus Sci Med. 2015 Jun 2;2(1):e000096.
- Murakami CA, Attia D, Carter-Monroe N, Lucas GM, Estrella MM, Fine DM, Atta MG. The clinical characteristics and pathological patterns of postinfectious glomerulonephritis in HIV-infected patients. PLoS One. 2014 Oct 1;9(10):e108398.
- Sandler NG, Zhang X, Bosch RJ, Funderburg NT, Choi AI, Robinson JK, Fine DM, Coombs RW, Jacobson JM, Landay AL, Douek DC, Tressler R, Read SW, Wilson CC, Deeks SG, Lederman MM, Gandhi RT; AIDS Clinical Trials Group A5296 Team. Sevelamer does not decrease lipopolysaccharide or soluble CD14 levels but decreases soluble tissue factor, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, and oxidized LDL cholesterol levels in individuals with untreated HIV infection. J Infect Dis. 2014 Nov 15;210(10):1549-54.
- Bhasin B, Lau B, Atta MG, Fine DM, Estrella MM, Schwartz GJ, Lucas GM. HIV viremia and T-cell activation differentially affect the performance of glomerular filtration rate equations based on creatinine and cystatin C. PLoS One. 2013 Dec 23;8(12):e82028.
- Birmingham DJ, Shidham G, Perna A, Fine DM, Bissell M, Rodby R, Remuzzi G, Petri M, Hebert P, Rovin BH, Hebert LA. Spot PC ratio estimates of 24-hour proteinuria are more unreliable in lupus nephritis than in other forms of chronic glomerular disease. Ann Rheum Dis. 2014 Feb;73(2):475-6.
- Gregory M Lucas; Yuezhou Jing; Mark Sulkowski; Alison G Abraham; Michelle M Estrella; Mohamed G Atta; Derek M Fine; Marina B Klein; Michael J Silverberg; M John Gill; et al. Hepatitis C viremia and the risk of chronic kidney disease in HIV-infected individuals. The Journal of infectious diseases 2013;208(8):1240-9. 2013
- Matthew C Foy; Michelle M Estrella; Gregory M Lucas; Faryal Tahir; Derek M Fine; Richard D Moore; Mohamed G Atta; Comparison of risk factors and outcomes in HIV immune complex kidney disease and HIV-associated nephropathy. Clinical journal of the American Society of Nephrology : CJASN 2013;8(9):1524-32. 2013
- Teresa K Chen; Derek M Fine; Top 10 developments in lupus nephritis. Current rheumatology reports 2013;15(9):358. 2013
- Derek M Fine; Joel E Gallant; Nephrotoxicity of antiretroviral agents: is the list getting longer? The Journal of infectious diseases 2013;207(9):1349-51. 2013
- Masahiro Ono; George J Arnaoutakis; Derek M Fine; Kenneth Brady; R Blaine Easley; Yueying Zheng; Charles Brown; Nevin M Katz; Morgan E Grams; Charles W Hogue; Blood pressure excursions below the cerebral autoregulation threshold during cardiac surgery are associated with acute kidney injury. Critical care medicine 2013;41(2):464-71. 2013
- Mohamed G Atta; Michelle M Estrella; Michael Kuperman; Matthew C Foy; Derek M Fine; Lorraine C Racusen; Gregory M Lucas; George W Nelson; Andrew C Warner; Cheryl A Winkler; et al. HIV-associated nephropathy patients with and without apolipoprotein L1 gene variants have similar clinical and pathological characteristics. Kidney international 2012;82(3):338-43. 2012
- T K Chen; M M Estrella; D M Fine; Predictors of kidney biopsy complication among patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Lupus 2012;21(8):848-54. 2012
- Matthew C Foy; Chloe L Thio; Hyon S Hwang; Melissa Saulynas; James P Hamilton; Derek M Fine; Mohamed G Atta; False-negative hepatitis B virus (HBV) surface antigen in a vaccinated dialysis patient with a high level of HBV DNA in the United States. Clinical and vaccine immunology : CVI 2012;19(5):820-2. 2012
- Derek M Fine; Walter G Wasser; Michelle M Estrella; Mohamed G Atta; Michael Kuperman; Revital Shemer; Arun Rajasekaran; Shay Tzur; Lorraine C Racusen; Karl Skorecki; APOL1 risk variants predict histopathology and progression to ESRD in HIV-related kidney disease. Journal of the American Society of Nephrology : JASN 2012;23(2):343-50. 2012
- Michelle M Estrella; Gregory D Kirk; Shruti H Mehta; Todd T Brown; Derek M Fine; Mohamed G Atta; Gregory M Lucas; Vitamin D deficiency and persistent proteinuria among HIV-infected and uninfected injection drug users. AIDS (London, England) 2012;26(3):295-302. 2012
- Elizabeth George; Girish N Nadkarni; Michelle M Estrella; Gregory M Lucas; C John Sperati; Mohamed G Atta; Derek M Fine; The impact of hepatitis C coinfection on kidney disease related to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV): a biopsy study. Medicine 2011;90(5):289-95. 2011
- Joel N Blankson; Christie R Basseth; Michael Kuperman; Derek M Fine; Spontaneous resolution of HIV-associated nephropathy in an elite controller. AIDS (London, England) 2011;25(8):1135-7. 2011
- T Shafi; M J Choi; L C Racusen; L A Spacek; C Berry; M Atta; D M Fine; Ritonavir-induced acute kidney injury: kidney biopsy findings and review of literature. Clinical nephrology 2011;75 Suppl 1():60-4. 2011
- Gregory M Lucas; William Clarke; Joseph Kagaayi; Mohamed G Atta; Derek M Fine; Oliver Laeyendecker; David Serwadda; Michael Chen; Maria J Wawer; Ronald H Gray; Decreased kidney function in a community-based cohort of HIV-Infected and HIV-negative individuals in Rakai, Uganda. Journal of acquired immune deficiency syndromes (1999) 2010;55(4):491-4. 2010
- C M Lanata; T Mahmood; D M Fine; M Petri; Combination therapy of mycophenolate mofetil and tacrolimus in lupus nephritis. Lupus 2010;19(8):935-40. 2010
- Joshua F Zeidner; Edwin J Ostrin; Emily Sydnor; Derek Fine; C John Sperati; The tissue's the issue. The American journal of medicine 2010;123(5):420-2. 2010
- Shyam M Parkhie; Derek M Fine; Gregory M Lucas; Mohamed G Atta; Characteristics of patients with HIV and biopsy-proven acute interstitial nephritis. Clinical journal of the American Society of Nephrology : CJASN 2010;5(5):798-804. 2010
- Elizabeth George; Gregory M Lucas; Girish N Nadkarni; Derek M Fine; Richard Moore; Mohamed G Atta; Kidney function and the risk of cardiovascular events in HIV-1-infected patients. AIDS (London, England) 2010;24(3):387-94. 2010
- Derek M Fine; Mark A Perazella; Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: what the hospitalist needs to know. Journal of hospital medicine : an official publication of the Society of Hospital Medicine 2010;5(1):46-50. 2010
- Michelle M Estrella; Derek M Fine; Screening for chronic kidney disease in HIV-infected patients. Advances in chronic kidney disease 2010;17(1):26-35. 2010
- Evan J Lipson; Carol Ann Huff; Danniele G Holanda; Michael A McDevitt; Derek M Fine; Lenalidomide-induced acute interstitial nephritis. The oncologist 2010;15(9):961-4. 2010
- Derek M Fine; Martina Ziegenbein; Michelle Petri; Ernest C Han; Alison M McKinley; Jerry W Chellini; Haikady N Nagaraja; Kathryn A Carson; Brad H Rovin; A prospective study of protein excretion using short-interval timed urine collections in patients with lupus nephritis. Kidney international 2009;76(12):1284-8. 2009
- Sayed Tabatabai; C John Sperati; Mohamed G Atta; Kashif Janjua; Christopher Roxbury; Gregory M Lucas; Derek M Fine; Predictors of complication after percutaneous ultrasound-guided kidney biopsy in HIV-infected individuals: possible role of hepatitis C and HIV co-infection. Clinical journal of the American Society of Nephrology : CJASN 2009;4(11):1766-73. 2009
- Kimberly Y Smith; Parul Patel; Derek Fine; Nicholaos Bellos; Louis Sloan; Philip Lackey; Princy N Kumar; Denise H Sutherland-Phillips; Cindy Vavro; Linda Yau; et al. Randomized, double-blind, placebo-matched, multicenter trial of abacavir/lamivudine or tenofovir/emtricitabine with lopinavir/ritonavir for initial HIV treatment. AIDS (London, England) 2009;23(12):1547-56. 2009
- Mohamed G Atta; Derek M Fine; Editorial comment: tenofovir nephrotoxicity--the disconnect between clinical trials and real-world practice. The AIDS reader 2009;19(3):118-9. 2009
- Javier Perez-Rodriguez; Shenghan Lai; Benjamin D Ehst; Derek M Fine; David A Bluemke; Nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: incidence, associations, and effect of risk factor assessment--report of 33 cases. Radiology 2009;250(2):371-7. 2009
- Derek M Fine; Agnes B Fogo; Charles E Alpers; Thrombotic microangiopathy and other glomerular disorders in the HIV-infected patient. Seminars in nephrology 2008;28(6):545-55. 2008
- Michelle Petri; Nuntana Kasitanon; Sukminder Singh; Kimberly Link; Laurence Magder; Sang-Cheol Bae; John G Hanly; Ola Nived; Gunnar Sturfelt; Ronald van Vollenhoven; et al. Systemic lupus international collaborating clinics renal activity/response exercise: comparison of agreement in rating renal response. Arthritis and rheumatism 2008;58(6):1789-95. 2008
- Michelle Petri; Nuntana Kasitanon; Shin-Seok Lee; Kimberly Link; Laurence Magder; Sang-Cheol Bae; John G Hanly; David A Isenberg; Ola Nived; Gunnar Sturfelt; et al. Systemic lupus international collaborating clinics renal activity/response exercise: development of a renal activity score and renal response index. Arthritis and rheumatism 2008;58(6):1784-8. 2008
- Mohamed G Atta; Gregory M Lucas; Derek M Fine; HIV-associated nephropathy: epidemiology, pathogenesis, diagnosis and management. Expert review of anti-infective therapy 2008;6(3):365-71. 2008
- Gregory M Lucas; Bryan Lau; Mohamed G Atta; Derek M Fine; Jeanne Keruly; Richard D Moore; Chronic kidney disease incidence, and progression to end-stage renal disease, in HIV-infected individuals: a tale of two races. The Journal of infectious diseases 2008;197(11):1548-57. 2008
- Derek M Fine; Mark A Perazella; Gregory M Lucas; Mohamed G Atta; Kidney biopsy in HIV: beyond HIV-associated nephropathy. American journal of kidney diseases : the official journal of the National Kidney Foundation 2008;51(3):504-14. 2008
- Douglas R Linfert; Jane O Schell; Derek M Fine; Treatment of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: limited options but hope for the future. Seminars in dialysis 2008;21(2):155-9. 2008
- Mark J Siedner; Mohamed G Atta; Gregory M Lucas; Mark A Perazella; Derek M Fine; Poor validity of urine dipstick as a screening tool for proteinuria in HIV-positive patients. Journal of acquired immune deficiency syndromes (1999) 2008;47(2):261-3. 2008
- Derek M Fine; Mark A Perazella; Gregory M Lucas; Mohamed G Atta; Renal disease in patients with HIV infection: epidemiology, pathogenesis and management. Drugs 2008;68(7):963-80. 2008
- Mark J Siedner; Allan C Gelber; Brad H Rovin; Alison M McKinley; Lisa Christopher-Stine; Brad Astor; Michelle Petri; Derek M Fine; Diagnostic accuracy study of urine dipstick in relation to 24-hour measurement as a screening tool for proteinuria in lupus nephritis. The Journal of rheumatology 2008;35(1):84-90. 2008
- N Kasitanon; M Petri; M Haas; L S Magder; D M Fine; Mycophenolate mofetil as the primary treatment of membranous lupus nephritis with and without concurrent proliferative disease: a retrospective study of 29 cases. Lupus 2008;17(1):40-5. 2008
- Adam R Berliner; Derek M Fine; Gregory M Lucas; M Hafizur Rahman; Lorraine C Racusen; Paul J Scheel; Mohamed G Atta; Observations on a cohort of HIV-infected patients undergoing native renal biopsy. American journal of nephrology 2008;28(3):478-86. 2008
- Mohamed G Atta; Derek M Fine; Gregory D Kirk; Shruti H Mehta; Richard D Moore; Gregory M Lucas; Survival during renal replacement therapy among African Americans infected with HIV type 1 in urban Baltimore, Maryland. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2007;45(12):1625-32. 2007
- Derek M Fine; Mohamed G Atta; Kidney disease in the HIV-infected patient. AIDS patient care and STDs 2007;21(11):813-24. 2007
- Derek M Fine; Neha Garg; Mark Haas; M Hafizur Rahman; Gregory M Lucas; Paul J Scheel; Mohamed G Atta; Cocaine use and hypertensive renal changes in HIV-infected individuals. Clinical journal of the American Society of Nephrology : CJASN 2007;2(6):1125-30. 2007
- Alexandre Benjo; Richard E Thompson; Derek Fine; Charles W Hogue; Diane Alejo; Anita Kaw; Gary Gerstenblith; Ashish Shah; Dan E Berkowitz; Daniel Nyhan; Pulse pressure is an age-independent predictor of stroke development after cardiac surgery. Hypertension 2007;50(4):630-5. 2007
- Derek M Fine; Editorial comment: Fanconi syndrome and tenofovir--understanding proximal tubular function. The AIDS reader 2007;17(6):326-7. 2007
- Mark J Siedner; Lisa Christopher-Stine; Brad C Astor; Allan C Gelber; Derek M Fine; Screening for proteinuria in patients with lupus: a survey of practice preferences among American rheumatologists. The Journal of rheumatology 2007;34(5):973-7. 2007
- Lisa Christopher-Stine; Mark Siedner; Janice Lin; Mark Haas; Hemal Parekh; Michelle Petri; Derek M Fine; Renal biopsy in lupus patients with low levels of proteinuria. The Journal of rheumatology 2007;34(2):332-5. 2007
- Julia J Scialla; Mohamed G Atta; Derek M Fine; Relapse of HIV-associated nephropathy after discontinuing highly active antiretroviral therapy. AIDS (London, England) 2007;21(2):263-4. 2007
- N Kasitanon; D M Fine; M Haas; L S Magder; M Petri; Estimating renal function in lupus nephritis: comparison of the Modification of Diet in Renal Disease and Cockcroft Gault equations. Lupus 2007;16(11):887-95. 2007
- Derek M Fine; Renal disease and toxicities: issues for HIV care providers. Topics in HIV medicine : a publication of the International AIDS Society, USA 2006;14(5):164-9. 2006
- Mohamed G Atta; Joel E Gallant; M Hafizur Rahman; Nagapradeep Nagajothi; Lorraine C Racusen; Paul J Scheel; Derek M Fine; Antiretroviral therapy in the treatment of HIV-associated nephropathy. Nephrology, dialysis, transplantation : official publication of the European Dialysis and Transplant Association - European Renal Association 2006;21(10):2809-13. 2006
- Michelle Estrella; Derek M Fine; Joel E Gallant; M Hafizur Rahman; Nagapradeep Nagajothi; Lorraine C Racusen; Paul J Scheel; Mohamed G Atta; HIV type 1 RNA level as a clinical indicator of renal pathology in HIV-infected patients. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2006;43(3):377-80. 2006
- Geoffrey R Bihl; Michelle Petri; Derek M Fine; Kidney biopsy in lupus nephritis: look before you leap. Nephrology, dialysis, transplantation : official publication of the European Dialysis and Transplant Association - European Renal Association 2006;21(7):1749-52. 2006
- Hyun S Kim; Derek M Fine; Mohamed G Atta; Catheter-directed thrombectomy and thrombolysis for acute renal vein thrombosis. Journal of vascular and interventional radiology : JVIR 2006;17(5):815-22. 2006
- N Kasitanon; D M Fine; M Haas; L S Magder; M Petri; Hydroxychloroquine use predicts complete renal remission within 12 months among patients treated with mycophenolate mofetil therapy for membranous lupus nephritis. Lupus 2006;15(6):366-70. 2006
- Mohamed G Atta; Michael J Choi; J Craig Longenecker; Megan Haymart; Jean Wu; Nagapradeep Nagajothi; Lorraine C Racusen; Paul J Scheel; Frederick L Brancati; Derek M Fine; Nephrotic range proteinuria and CD4 count as noninvasive indicators of HIV-associated nephropathy. The American journal of medicine 2005;118(11):1288. 2005
- Derek M Fine; Editorial comment: tenofovir nephrotoxicity--vigilance required. The AIDS reader 2005;15(7):362-3. 2005
- Derek M Fine; Pharmacological therapy of lupus nephritis. JAMA : the journal of the American Medical Association 2005;293(24):3053-60. 2005
- Gürkan Sengoelge; Wensheng Luo; Derek Fine; Agnes M Perschl; Wolfgang Fierlbeck; Abdolreza Haririan; Jenny Sorensson; Tausif-Ur Rehman; Peter Hauser; Jacob S Trevick; et al. A SAGE-based comparison between glomerular and aortic endothelial cells. American journal of physiology. Renal physiology 2005;288(6):F1290-300. 2005
- N Dasgupta; A C Gelber; F Racke; D M Fine; Central nervous system lymphoma associated with mycophenolate mofetil in lupus nephritis. Lupus 2005;14(11):910-3. 2005
- Derek M Fine; Allan C Gelber; Michal L Melamed; Janice C Lin; Lin Zhang; Joseph A Eustace; Risk factors for renal failure among 72 consecutive patients with rhabdomyolysis related to illicit drug use. The American journal of medicine 2004;117(8):607-10. 2004
- Davinder S Grover; Mohamed G Atta; Joseph A Eustace; Thomas S Kickler; Derek M Fine; Lack of clinical utility of urine myoglobin detection by microconcentrator ultrafiltration in the diagnosis of rhabdomyolysis. Nephrology, dialysis, transplantation : official publication of the European Dialysis and Transplant Association - European Renal Association 2004;19(10):2634-8. 2004
- Lisa Christopher-Stine; Michelle Petri; Brad C Astor; Derek Fine; Urine protein-to-creatinine ratio is a reliable measure of proteinuria in lupus nephritis. The Journal of rheumatology 2004;31(8):1557-9. 2004
- Derek M Fine; Aravind Arepally; Lawrence V Hofmann; Steven G Mankowitz; Mohamed G Atta; Diagnostic utility and safety of transjugular kidney biopsy in the obese patient. Nephrology, dialysis, transplantation : official publication of the European Dialysis and Transplant Association - European Renal Association 2004;19(7):1798-802. 2004
- Allan C Gelber; Lisa Christopher-Stine; Derek M Fine; Sequential therapies for proliferative lupus nephritis. The New England journal of medicine 2004;350(24):2518-20; author reply 2518-20. 2004
- Mohamed G Atta; J Craig Longenecker; Derek M Fine; Nagapradeep Nagajothi; Davinder S Grover; Jean Wu; Lorraine C Racusen; Paul J Scheel; Ulrike M Hamper; Sonography as a predictor of human immunodeficiency virus-associated nephropathy. Journal of ultrasound in medicine : official journal of the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine 2004;23(5):603-10; quiz 612-3. 2004
- Kyrsten D Fairbanks; Joseph A Eustace; Derek Fine; Paul J Thuluvath; Renal function improves in liver transplant recipients when switched from a calcineurin inhibitor to sirolimus. Liver transplantation : official publication of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases and the International Liver Transplantation Society 2003;9(10):1079-85. 2003
- Attaphol Pawarode; Derek M Fine; Paul J Thuluvath; Independent risk factors and natural history of renal dysfunction in liver transplant recipients. Liver transplantation : official publication of the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases and the International Liver Transplantation Society 2003;9(7):741-7. 2003
- D M Fine; C F Lo; L Aguillar; D L Blackmon; M H Montrose; Cellular chloride depletion inhibits cAMP-activated electrogenic chloride fluxes in HT29-18-C1 cells. The Journal of membrane biology 1995;145(2):129-41. 1995.
Academic Affiliations & Courses
Graduate Program Affiliation
Johns Hopkins Nephrology Fellowship Program Director