1. Jayaram G, Coyle J, Tune L. Relapse in chronic schizophrenics treated with Fluphenazine Decanoate is
associated with low serum neuroleptic levels. J Clin Psychiat (1986) 47:247-248.
2. Rabins P, Pearlson G, Jayaram G, Steele C, Tune L. Increased ventricle-to-brain ratio in late-onset schizophrenia. Am J Psychiat (1987) 144:1216-1218.
3. Pearlson G, Wong K, Kubos K, Mobert P, Jayaram G, Heyler G, Goldfinger A, Tune L. Ventricle-Brain Ratio, Computed Tomographic Destiny and Brain Area in 50 schizophrenics. Arch Gen Psychiatry (1989) 46:690-7.
4. Strauss M, Reynolds K, Jayaram G, Tune L. Effects of Anticholinergic Medication on Memory in Schizophrenia. Schizophr Res (1990) 3:127-129.
5. Jayaram G, Janofsky JS, Fischer PJ. The Emergency Petition Process in Maryland. B Am Acad Psych Law (1990) 18:373-378.
6. Lehmann SW, Rabins PV, Jayaram G, Beyer V. Mental Health Needs of the Elderly Vary by Setting. Am J Geriat Psychiat (1993) 1:1.
7. Jayaram G, Tien A, Sullivan P, Gwon H. Elements of a successful short stay service. Psychiatr Serv (formerly Hospital and Community Psychiatry) (1996) 47:407-412.
8. Margolis RL, Harrison SA, Robinson HJ, Jayaram G. Occupational Therapy Task Observation Scale [OTTOS]: A new method for rating the functional capacity of psychiatric patients. Am J Occup Ther
(1996) ( May):380-385.
9. Jayaram G, Samuels J, Schretlen D, Gurny P. The Cognitive Limited Severely Mentally Ill: Concerns for Managed Care. Manag Care Quarterly (1997) 5:28-34.
10. Jones BN, Jayaram G, Samuels J, Robinson H. Relating Competency Status to Functional Status at discharge in the Chronically Mentally Ill. J Am Acad Psych & L (1998) 26:49-55.
11. Pearlson G, Schretlen D, Jayaram G. Brain MRI Changes in Schizophrenia. Schizophr Res (1999)
12. Schretlen D, Jayaram G, Maki P, Park K, Abebe S, DiCarlo M. Demographic, Clinical and Neurocognitive correlates of Everyday Functional Impairment in Severe Mental Illness. J Abnorm Psychol (2000)
13. Jayaram G. Patient Safety Forum: Developing a Strategic Plan. Psychiatr Serv (2004) 55:259-263.
14. Jayaram G, Casimir A. Major Depression and the use of Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) in Lung
Transplant recipients. Psychosomatics (2005) 46:244-249.
15. Grasso BC, Rothschild JM, Jordan CW, Jayaram G. What is the Measure of a safe hospital? Medication
errors missed by Management, Clinical Staff and Surveyors. J Psychiat Pract (2005) 11:1-7.
16. Jayaram G, Rao P. Safety of Trazodone as a Sleep Agent for Inpatients. Psychosomatics (2005)
17. Isaacs AN, Srinivasan K, Neerakkal I, Jayaram G. Initiating a community Mental Health programme in rural Karnataka. Indian J Community Med (2006) 31:86- 87.
18. Srinivasan K, Isaacs A, Thomas T, Jayaram G. Outcomes of Common Mental Disorders in Southern Rural India. Indian J Soc Psychiat (2006) 22:110-115.
19. Jayaram G. Implementing Performance Improvement and Measuring Psychiatric Care Quality. Psychiatry (2007) 4:58-61.
20. Jayaram G. Medication Errors in Psychiatric Treatment: Where Do We Go From Here? Psychiatry (2007) 4:63-64.
21. Jayaram G, Triplett P. Quality Improvement of Psychiatric Care: Challenges for Emergency Psychiatry. Am J Psychiat (2008) 165:1256-1260.
22. Jayaram G. Measuring Adverse Events in Psychiatry. Psychiatry (2008) 5:17-19.
23. Wasan AJ, Neufeld K, Jayaram G. Practice Patterns and Treatment Choices Among Psychiatrists in New Delhi, India: A Qualitative and Quantitative Study. Soc Psych Psych Epid (2009) 44:109-119.
24. Horn PJ, Reti IM, Jayaram G. Transdermal selegiline in patients receiving Electroconvulsive Therapy. Psychosomatics (2010) 51:176-178.
25. Byrisetty S, Goud BR, Pradeep J, Jayaram G. Designing and Implementing an Electronic Health Record System for a Rural Mental Health Program at the Primary Health Care Centre in Mugalur. Paper presentation at the E-Governance conference in Bangalore, India, June 2010. Proceedings published.
26. Jayaram G, Sporney H, Perticone P. The Utility and Effectiveness of 15-minute Checks in Inpatient Settings. Psychiatry (2010) 7:46-49.
27. Rao V, Goga J, Inscore A, Khushalani S, Rastogi P, Subramaniam G, Jayaram G. Attitudes towards Mental Illness and Help-Seeking Behaviors among South Asian Americans: Results of a Pilot Study. Asian J of Psych (2011) 4(1):76.
28. Jayaram G, Doyle D, Steinwachs D, Samuels J. Identifying and Reducing Medication Errors in Psychiatry: Creating a culture of safety through an adverse event reporting mechanism. J Psychiatr Pract (2011) 17(2):81-88.
29. Yad J, Jayaram G. Suicide Risk: Navigating the Failure Modes. Focus, Spring (2011) (IX):1-9.
30. Corrigan FE III, Kimmel MC, Jayaram G. Four Cases of Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy Linked with Exacerbations of Psychiatric Illness. Innov Clin Neurosci (2011) 8(7):50-53.
31. Jayaram G, Goud R, Srinivasan K. Overcoming cultural barriers to deliver comprehensive rural community mental health care in Southern India. Asian J of Psych (2011) 4(4):261-265.
32. Gallegos J, Vaidya P, DAgati D, Jayaram G, Nguyen T, Tripathi A, Trivedi JK, Reti I. Decreasing adverse outcomes of unmodified ECT: suggestions and possibilities. J ECT (2011) (In Press).
33. Vaidya P, Anderson E, Bobb A, Pulia K, Jayaram G, Reti I. A Within-Subject Comparison of Propofol and Methohexital Anesthesia for Electroconvulsive Therapy. J ECT (2012) 28(1):14-19.
34. Reti I, Walker M, Pulia K, Gallegos J, Jayaram G, Vaidya P. Safety considerations for outpatient electroconvulsive therapy. J Psychiatr Pract (2012) (In Press).
35. Jayaram G., Konrad S., Samuels J. Prediction and Prevention of Aggression and Seclusion by early screening and comprehensive Seclusion Documentation. Innovations in Clinical Neuroscience. June 2012. (In Press)
36. Jesus Gallegos, BA., Punit Vaidya, MD., Douglas DAgati, MA., Geetha Jayaram, MD., Thai Nguyen, MD., Adarsh Tripathi, MD., Jitendra K.Trivedi, MD., and Irving M.Reti., MBBS. Decreasing Adverse Outcomes of Unmodified Electroconvulsive Therapy: Suggestions and Possibilities. J of Ect., Vol. 00, No. 00, 2011.
Invited Review Articles
1. Ethnicity, Culture, and Mental Illness. Psych CME. Broadcast August (2004), CME Article.
2. Masand PS, Andreasen NC, Jayaram G, et al. Is Recovery an Achievable Goal in Schizophrenia? Psych CME. Broadcast February (2005), CME Invited Article.
3. Jayaram G. Psychiatrists Strive to Assure Patient Safety. Directions in Psychiatry (2006) Category 1. CME Invited Article.
4. Jayaram G. MAANASI: Rural mental health in Southern India. Association of Women Psychiatrists Newsletter (2006) 24:11-12. (Invited Article)
5. Jayaram G. The Physician Advisors role in Contemporary Psychiatry and the Quality of Care. Psychiatry
(2006) 3:50-56. (Invited Article)
6. Masand PS, Satcher D, Jayaram G. A Surgeon Generals Report on the Impact of Race (2006), CME Invited Article.
7. Jayaram G. Measuring Severity of Illness: The Clinicians Scylla of Patient Centeredness and the Charybdis of Payment for Care. JPAM (2011); 1(1). (Invited Article)
1. Tune LE, Folstein MF, Rabins RB, Jayaram G, McHugh PR. Familial manic-depressive illness and
Parkinsons disease. A Case Report. Johns Hopkins Medical Journal. 1982;151:65-70.
2. Lee H, Jayaram G, Teitelbaum M. Electroconvulsive Therapy for Depression in a Cardiac Transplant Patient. Psychosomatics. 2001;(42):362-364.
3. Reti I, Torres J, Morad A, Jayaram G. Pseudocholinesterase deficiency in an ECT patient: a case report. Psychosomatics. (In Press) 2011.
1. Anderson E, Janofsky J, Jayaram G. Argyria as a result of somatic delusions. Letter to the Editor, American Journal of Psychiatry. 2008;(165):649-650.
2. Jayaram G. Quality improvement in Health Care: The Six Ps of Root Cause Analysis. Letter to the Editor. American Journal of Psychiatry. 2009;(166):372-373.
Book Chapters/Book Review
1. Jayaram G. The Outpatient Clinic. Breakey WR (ed). Integrated Mental Health Services: Modern Community Psychiatry. New York: Oxford University Press, 1996, pp. 195-05.
2. Jayaram G. Gender Differences in Mood Disorders from Bench to Bedside. Edited by Ellen Leibenluft. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. Maryland: Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins Press, 2000,
3. Taylor K, Brannan D, Rohde J, Dunn G, Keenan BV, Jayaram G. Preventing Patient Aggression: Assessment and Reporting as First Steps. Jones and Bartlett. Measuring Safety. Maryland: Johns University Press, 2004. Patient Safety Chapter.
4. Jayaram G. Culture and Safety in the Psychiatric Emergency Department. Cambridge University Press. Emergency Psychiatry. Edited by Arjun Chanmugam and Gabor Kelen (In press), 2010.
5. Jayaram G, Meuchel J. Mistaken identity in a patient with Schizophrenia. Book Chapter in The Value of Close Calls in Improving Patient Safety. Learning How to Avoid and Mitigate Patient Harm. Edited by Albert Wu. January, 2011.
6. Jayaram G, Venkatesh P. Where have all the girls gone? Female Feticide in India: a cultural genocide. Edited by Leah Dickstein. Book Chapter (In press), 2011.
1. Jayaram G, Herzog A. Handbook on Patient Safety: SAFEMD: Practical Applications and Approaches to Safe Psychiatric Practice. APPI Press, 2009. ISBN: 978-0-89042-345-5. (76 downloads since 7/2010 to 7/2011)
2. Women in Psychiatry: Personal Choices, Career Fulfillment. Edited by Norris D, Jayaram G, Primm A, American Psychiatric Association Press, 2011