I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Ronald P Byank, M.D.
4.7 out of 5
Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Expertise: Foot and Ankle, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics
Research Interests: Carpal tunnel syndrome; Imaging of orthopaedic conditions; Ankle fractures; Post-operative delirium in geriatric patients; Nerve entrapment in the foot and ankle ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Ronald Byank, M.D., is an associate professor of orthopaedic surgery at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include orthopaedic surgery, orthopaedic trauma and the surgical and non-surgical treatment of arthritis.
Dr. Byank spent two years in the United States Air Force as an orthopedic surgeon, following his medical training. He has been a faculty member at Johns Hopkins Bayview (formerly Baltimore City Hospitals) since 1978.
Dr. Byank has research interests in nerve entrapment in the foot and ankle, post-operative delirium in geriatric patients, ankle fractures, imaging of orthopaedic conditions and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- Orthopaedic Surgery - Total Joints Division
- MD; Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine (1971)
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore / Orthopaedic Surgery (1976)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Orthopaedic Surgery (1976)
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery / Orthopedic Surgery (1977)
Research & Publications
Dr. Byank’s research interests include nerve entrapment in the foot and ankle, post-operative delirium in geriatric patients, ankle fractures, imaging of orthopaedic conditions and carpal tunnel syndrome.
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
- Moshirfar A, Campbell JT, Khanna AJ, Byank RP, Bluemke DA, Wenz JF Sr. "Magnetic resonance imaging of the ankle: techniques and spectrum of disease." J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003;85-A Suppl 4:7-19.
- Curtis MJ, Michelson JD, Urquhart MW, Byank RP, Jinnah RH. "Tibiotalar contact and fibular malunion in ankle fractures. A cadaver study." Acta Orthop Scand. 1992 Jun;63(3):326-9.
- Clarke HJ, Jinnah RH, Byank RP, Cox QG. "Clostridium difficile infection in orthopaedic patients." J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1990 Aug;72(7):1056-9.