Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Fasika Ambachew Woreta, M.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Expertise: Cataracts, Cornea/Anterior Segment Disease, Corneal Disorders, Ophthalmology
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5650
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute - Bethesda
Appointment Phone: 240-482-1100
7315 Wisconsin Avenue
West Tower, Suite 610
Bethesda, MD 20814 map
Fasika A. Woreta, M.D., is an assistant professor of ophthalmology at the Wilmer Eye Institute. She specializes in corneal and external eye diseases, including cataracts, and refractive surgery. Her research interests include corneal diseases as well as ocular immunology.
Dr. Woreta received her M.D. degree from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and her M.P.H. degree from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Following an internship in internal medicine at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, she completed her residency in ophthalmology at the Wilmer Eye Institute. She then completed a fellowship in cornea and refractive surgery at the Bascom-Palmer Eye Institute at the University of Miami and a cataract fellowship at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, UK. Dr. Woreta returned to Wilmer to join the faculty as chief resident from July 2013 through June 2014, prior to her appointment as an assistant professor.
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2007)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Ophthalmology (2011)
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute of the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine / Cornea and Refractive Surgery (2012)
- Moorfields Eye Hospital & Department of Clinical Ophthalmology / Cornea (2013)
- American Board of Ophthalmology / Ophthalmology (2013)