I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Ling He, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Dr. Ling He is an assistant professor of pediatrics at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His research focuses on metabolism.
Dr. He earned his M.D. from Third Military Medical University in Chongqin, China, and his Ph.D. from the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
His work has been recognized with awards from the Accelerated Translational Incubator Pilot (ATIP) Program and the Johns Hopkins-University of Maryland Diabetes Research Center (DRC) Pilot and Feasibility (P and F) Program.
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
- Assistant Professor of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences
Centers & Institutes
- M.D., Third Military Medical University - Chongqing (China) (1983)
- Ph.D., University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine (Little Rock) (Arkansas) (2007)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
He L, Wondisford FE. "Metformin action: concentrations matter." Cell Metab. 2015 Feb 3;21(2):159-62. doi: 10.1016/j.cmet.2015.01.003.
Meng S, Cao J, He Q, Xiong L, Chang E, Radovick S, Wondisford FE, He L. "Metformin Activates AMP-activated Protein Kinase by Promoting Formation of the αβγ Heterotrimeric Complex." J Biol Chem. 2015 Feb 6;290(6):3793-802. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M114.604421. Epub 2014 Dec 23.
Mei S, Yang X, Guo H, Gu H, Zha L, Cai J, Li X, Liu Z, Bennett BJ, He L, Cao W. "A small amount of dietary carbohydrate can promote the HFD-induced insulin resistance to a maximal level." PLoS One. 2014 Jul 23;9(7):e100875. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0100875. eCollection 2014.
He L, Meng S, Germain-Lee EL, Radovick S, Wondisford FE. "Potential biomarker of metformin action." J Endocrinol. 2014 Jun;221(3):363-9. doi: 10.1530/JOE-14-0084. Epub 2014 Mar 17.
He L, Cao J, Meng S, Ma A, Radovick S, Wondisford FE. "Activation of basal gluconeogenesis by coactivator p300 maintains hepatic glycogen storage." Mol Endocrinol. 2013 Aug;27(8):1322-32. doi: 10.1210/me.2012-1413. Epub 2013 Jun 14.
Activities & Honors
- Pilot and Feasibility (P and F) Program Award, JHU-UMD Diabetes Research Center
- Accelerated Translational Incubator Pilot (ATIP) Program Award, The Johns Hopkins Institute for Clinical and Translational Research