Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Wojtek Mydlarz, M.D.
Wojciech Krzysztof Mydlarz, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Languages: English, Polish, Slovak
Expertise: Carcinoma of the Tongue, Head and Neck Cancers, Head and Neck Conditions, Head and Neck Surgery, Head and Neck Tumors, Laryngeal Cancer, Minor Salivary Gland Cancers, Oral Cancers, Oral Cavity Cancers, Oropharynx Cancers, Otolaryngology, Robotic Thyroid Surgery, Salivary Gland Disorders, Salivary Gland Tumors, Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy, Sinonasal Tumors, Skin Cancer of the Head and Neck, Skull Base Surgery, Skull Base Tumors, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Masses, Thyroid Parathyroid, Tongue Cancer, Tonsil Cancer, Transoral robotic surgery (TORS) ...read more
Research Interests: Surgical and non-surgical treatment outcomes in head and neck cancer patients, Molecular biology of head and neck cancer, Clinical applications of novel targeted cancer therapies, Robotic and laser surgery and their clinical applications, Minimally invasive surgical approaches for head and neck cancer ...read more
Request an Appointment
Johns Hopkins Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Appointment Phone: 301-896-3330
6420 Rockledge Drive
Bethesda, MD 20817 map
Dr. Wojtek Mydlarz is an assistant professor in the Johns Hopkins Department of Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery and specializes in the treatment of benign and malignant tumors of the head and neck, including the upper aerodigestive tract, salivary glands, thyroid, skin and soft tissue. His research interests include evaluating both surgical and non-surgical treatment outcomes in head and neck cancer patients. He is also interested in the complex molecular biology of head and neck cancer and potential clinical applications of novel targeted cancer therapies.
He received his medical degree from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore and completed his internship and residency in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery at Johns Hopkins. Dr. Mydlarz received his specialized fellowship training in head and neck surgical oncology at the renowned MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX.
- Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery - Head and Neck Surgery
- Surgery at Suburban Hospital
- MD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (2007)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Otolaryngology (2013)
- The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center - GME / Head and Neck Surgery (2015)
- American Board of Otolaryngology / Otolaryngology-General (2015, 2025)
Research & Publications
Dr. Mydlarz's research interests include evaluating both surgical and non-surgical treatment outcomes in head and neck cancer patients. He is also interested in the complex molecular biology of head and neck cancer and potential clinical applications of novel targeted cancer therapies.
Activities & Honors
- National Institute of Health T32 Research Training Fellowship, Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 2008 - 2010
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 2007
- American Head and Neck Society, 2013