Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Rheanna Edith Platt, M.D., M.P.H.
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Languages: English, Spanish
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5212
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Platt is an assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She graduated from Mayo Medical School and received her M.P.H. from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. She completed pediatrics residency at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, general adult psychiatry residency at Columbia University/New York State Psychiatric Institute, and child and adolescent psychiatry fellowship at NYU Child Study Center/Bellevue Hospital. Her areas of clinical expertise include child and adolescent psychiatry as well as adult psychiatry. She is the medical director of the Latino Family Clinic at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center and a clinical consultant on the Maryland Behavioral Health Integration in Pediatric Primary Care (BHIPP), supporting the efforts of pediatric primary care providers to assess and manage the mental health needs of their patients.
Her research interests include the implementation of mental health and family psychosocial screening in primary care pediatric settings, mental health promotion within primary care settings, and Latino mental health.
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- MD, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education (2006)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Pediatrics (2009)
- New York State Psychiatric Institute / Psychiatry (2011)
- NYU Langone Medical Center (2013)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatrics (2009)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Child And Adolescent Psychiatry (2013, 2017)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry (2012, 2017)