Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Milap Anil Nowrangi, M.D., M.S.
Medical Director, Johns Hopkins Memory and Care Program at Grand Oaks Sibley Memorial Hospital
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry, Alzheimer's Disease (AD), Dementia, Geriatric Psychiatry, Memory Disorders, Neuropsychiatry, Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences ...read more
Research Interests: Magnetic resonance neuroimaging methods to study functional and anatomical connectivity of cognitive networks.; Neuro-anatomical correlates of executive function in mild cognitive impairment. ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-6337
5300 Alpha Commons Drive
Department of Psychiatry Room 451
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Neuropsychiatry, Behavioral and Cognitive Neurology, Cognitive Neuroscience: Diagnosis and treatment of age-related cognitive disorders including Alzheimer''s Disease and related dementias.Treatment or management of the behavioral and cognitive sequelae of neurological disease including traumatic brain injury, stroke, epilepsy, toxic exposures, and others.
- Medical Director, Johns Hopkins Memory and Care Program at Grand Oaks Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- Psychiatry at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- MD, Loma Linda University School of Medicine (2006)
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University / Psychiatry (2010)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Psychiatry (2012)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry-General (2011)
Research & Publications
- Nowrangi, MA, Okonkwo, O, Lyketsos, CG, Oishi, K, Mori, S, Albert, A, Mielke, M. Atlas-Based Diffusion Tensor Imaging Correlates of Executive Functioning in Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer's Disease. (In Review).
- Nowrangi, MA, Lyketsos, CG, Rao, VR, Munro, C. Systematic Review of Neuroimaging Correlates of Executive Function: Converging Agreement Across Multiple Disease States. (In press - Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences)
- Nowrangi, MA, Rao, VR. A Perspectives Approach to Suicide After Traumatic Brain Injury: Case and Review. (In Review)
- Nowrangi, MA, Lyketsos, CG, Oishi, K, Albert, A, Mori, S, Mielke, M. Longitudinal, region specific course of diffusion tensor imaging measures in Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer's Dementia. Alzheimer's & Dementia (2012), DOI: 10.1016/j.jalz.2012.05.2186.
- Nowrangi, MA, Rao, V, Lyketsos, CG. Epidemiology, Assessment and Treatment of Dementia. Psychiatr Clin North Am. 2011 Jun;34(2): 275-94, vii.
- Dunn, LB, Nowrangi, MA, Palmer, BW, Jeste, DV, Saks, ER. Assessing Decisional Capacity for Clinical Research or Treatment: A Review of Instruments. American Journal of Psychiatry 2006; 163: 1323-1334