Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Martin Anthony Lodge, M.S., Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Research Interests: Computed tomography (CT) imaging; Positron emission tomography (PET)
Dr. Martin A. Lodge is an Associate Professor in the Johns Hopkins Medicine Department of Radiology and Radiological Science. He specializes in nuclear medicine and positron emission tomography (PET).
Dr. Lodge received his B.S. in physics, M.S. in computer science and Ph.D. in medical physics from the University of London in the United Kingdom. After completing a research fellowship at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, he joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 2006.
- Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Departments / Divisions
- Radiology and Radiological Science - Nuclear Medicine
- B.S., University of London (England) (1991)
- M.S., University of London (England) (1992)
- Ph.D., University of London (England) (1996)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
- Karakatsanis NA, Lodge MA, Zhou Y, Wahl RL, Rahmim A. "Dynamic whole-body PET parametric imaging: I. Task-oriented statistical estimation." Phys Med Biol. 2013 Oct 21; 58(20):7419-45. doi: 10.1088/0031-9155/58/20/7419. Epub 2013 Sep 30.
- Karakatsanis NA, Lodge MA, Zhou Y, Wahl RL, Rahmim A. "Dynamic whole-body PET parametric imaging: II. Concept, acquisition protocol optimization and clinical application." Phys Med Biol. 2013 Oct 21; 58(20): 7391-418. doi: 10.1088/0031-9155/58/20/7391. Epub 2013 Sep 30.
- Tahari AK, Lee A, Rajaram M, Fukushima K, Lodge MA, Lee BC, Ficaro EP, Nekolla S, Klein R, Dekemp RA, Wahl RL, Bengel FM, Bravo PE. "Absolute myocardial flow quantification with (82)Rb PET/CT: comparison of different software packages and methods." Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2014 Jan; 41(1):126-35. doi: 10.1007/s00259-013-2537-1. Epub 2013 Aug 28.
- Rajaram M, Tahari AK, Lee AH, Lodge MA, Tsui B, Nekolla S, Wahl RL, Bengel FM, Bravo PE. "Cardiac PET/CT misregistration causes significant changes in estimated myocardial blood flow." J Nucl Med. 2013 Jan; 54(1):50-4. doi: 10.2967/jnumed.112.108183. Epub 2012 Oct 22.
- Lodge MA, Chaudhry MA, Wahl RL. "Noise considerations for PET quantification using maximum and peak standardized uptake value." J Nucl Med. 2012 Jul; 53(7):1041-7. doi: 10.2967/jnumed.111.101733. Epub 2012 May 24