I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Roger William Samuels, M.D., M.P.H.
Instructor of Medicine
Research Interests: Global Health; Quality Improvement; Respiratory Disease; Critical Care
Dr. Roger W. Samuels serves as an Instructor for the Johns Hopkins Department of Medicine, and is co-appointed as the inaugural Global Clinical Leaders fellow with Johns Hopkins Medicine International.
Dr. Samuels received his undergraduate degree from Syracuse University and later served as a volunteer in the United States Peace Corps, where he partnered with a number of development organizations in rural Guatemala from 2004-2007.
He completed his medical training at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in 2014, as well as an additional master’s degree in public health from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School during which he recognized by the prestigious Sommer Scholars Program and was the recipient of the Louis P. Fink Capstone award for his work in the field of emerging infectious diseases.
Subsequently, he completed a residency program in Internal Medicine in the Johns Hopkins Osler program. His current research interests include high altitude pulmonary medicine, medical education, and international quality improvement initiatives.
- Instructor of Medicine
- B.S., Syracuse University (New York) (2004)
- M.P.H., Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (Maryland) (2014)
- M.D., Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (Maryland) (2014)
Activities & Honors
- Sommer Scholars Award, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, 2013 - 2014
- Winner, 2014 Louis Fink MPH Capstone Award, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Recipient, TL1 Pre-Doctoral Clinical Research Training Grant, 2013 - 2014
- Recipient, Paul S. Lietman Global Health Travel Fellowship, Johns Hopkins University Center for Global Health, 2015 - 2016
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Physicians
- Scientific Committe Chair, Johns Hopkins Medicine International Partners Forum, 2017
- Fellow, Global Clinical Leaders Program, Johns Hopkins Medicine International