I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Brijen L Joshi, M.B.B.S.
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Languages: English, Hindi, Nepalese, Urdu
Brijen L. Joshi, MD joins the faculty as an assistant professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in July 2016. His areas of clinical expertise are cardiothoracic anesthesiology and transesophageal echocardiography. He is also appointed the chief of thoracic anesthesia, to initiate the thoracic program at Johns Hopkins Bayview.
Dr. Joshi arrived in Baltimore, from Nepal to further his medical education in U.S. He completed his clinical research fellowship at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, internship at Johns Hopkins/Sinai, and his anesthesiology residency with academic distinction at Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston. Subsequently, he did his advanced fellowship in cardiothoracic anesthesiology at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Dr. Joshi has a special interest in neurocognitive outcomes after cardiac surgery. His research focus is towards understanding and prevention of neurocognitive dysfunction and stroke after cardiopulmonary bypass surgery. To that end, in collaboration with University of Cambridge, they have developed a non-invasive prototype monitor that can determine the lower limit of cerebral autoregulation in real-time to potentially mitigate these problems. His research and work has been published in Anesthesia & Analgesia, BJA, Stroke among others.
Dr. Joshi is a member of American Society of Anesthesiology (ASA), Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists (SCA), and American Society of Echocardiography (ASE).
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Departments / Divisions
- Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine - Critical Care Medicine
- MBBS, Quaid-e Azam Postgraduate Medical Institute (2006)
- Tufts -New England Medical Center Hospitals / Anesthesiology (2015)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology (2016)
- Pending/Scheduled / Anesthesiology
- Advanced Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography, National Board of Echocardiography (2016)