Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Amanda Dean Henderson, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Expertise: Neuro-Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology
Research Interests: Non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy; Visual loss due to optic nerve conditions
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 North Wolfe Street
Wilmer Wood Research Bldg Rm 457
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Henderson specializes in neuro-ophthalmology at the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins. She attended medical school at Emory University, completed an ophthalmology residency at the Medical College of Georgia, and completed a fellowship in neuro-ophthalmology at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute.
Her research interests include optic neuropathies, specifically non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy. She also has a particular interest in resident and medical student education and serves as the education champion for the division of neuro-ophthalmology at Wilmer.
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
- MD, Emory University School of Medicine (2011)
- Georgia Health Sciences University / Ophthalmology (2015)
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute of the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine / Neuro-ophthalmology (2016)
- Pending/Scheduled / Ophthalmology