Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Paul David O'Rourke, Jr, M.D., M.P.H.
Associate Program Director, Johns Hopkins Bayview Internal Medicine Residency Program
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Internal Medicine
Research Interests: Medical education with a particular focus on primary care education and advocacy; humanism in medicine; and health disparities ...read more
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Avenue
301 Building Suite 1100
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. O'Rourke is an assistant professor in the Department of Medicine at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He completed his undergraduate and medical school education at the University of Florida followed by residency training in Internal Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania Health System. He then completed a fellowship in General Internal Medicine at Johns Hopkins University with a focus on medical education. He received a Master of Public Health degree from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Dr. O'Rourke currently serves as an Associate Program Director of the Johns Hopkins Bayview Internal Medicine Residency Program. He spends the majority of his time teaching and advising internal medicine residents and medical students. He is involved in medical education research with a particular focus on primary care education and advocacy, humanism in medicine, and health disparities. He is active on the national level through the Society of General Internal Medicine.
Dr. O'Rourke provides longitudinal primary care to patients in Baltimore and also serves as a teaching attending on the inpatient general medical service at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
- Associate Program Director, Johns Hopkins Bayview Internal Medicine Residency Program
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MD; Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine (2011)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania / Internal Medicine (2014)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / General Internal Medicine (2016)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2014, 2017)
Activities & Honors
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, University of Florida College of Medicine, 2010
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, University of Florida College of Medicine, 2010
- Leonard Tow Humanism in Medicine Award, University of Florida College of Medicine, 2010
- American College of Physicians Exemplar of Profesionalism Award, American College of Physicians Pennsylvania Chapter, 2013
- Society of General Internal Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine (APDIM)