I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Hui Sun, M.D., Ph.D.
Instructor of Medicine
Contact for Research Inquiries
5501 Hopkins Bayview Circle
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Hui Sun is an instructor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and a research associate in the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. Her work focuses on cardiovascular disease.
She received her M.D. from Sun Yat-Sen University of Medical Sciences, China, and a Ph.D. from University of Claude Bernard-Lyon I, France. She completed her post-doctoral training from Montreal Heart Institute in Canada and worked as research scientist in the Heart & Stroke Leward Center of Excellence, University of Toronto, and as a senior scientist at Excigen, Inc., in Baltimore, before joining Johns Hopkins.
Dr. Sun is a member of the Society for Neuroscience and the American Physiological Society. Her work has been recognized with an American Heart Association Scientist Development Award.
- Instructor of Medicine
- M.D., Sun Yat Sen University of Medical Sciences - College of Medicine - Guangdong - Kwangtung (China) (1983)
- Ph.D., University Claude-Bernard - U.E.R. De Medicine Grange Blanche - Lyon - (Lyon I) (France) (1994)
Activities & Honors
- American Heart Association Scientist Development Award, 2011 - 2015
- American Physiological Society, 2010
- Society for Neuroscience, 2017