Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Amy Mcgarry Sweeney, M.D.
Expertise: Learning Disabilities, Pediatrics
Appointment Phone: 202-537-1180
3301 New Mexico Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016 map
Dr. Amy M. Sweeney is a pediatrician affiliated with Sibley Memorial Hospital and MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. Dr. Sweeney is board certified in pediatrics by the American Board of Pediatrics. She practices out of Foxhall Pediatrics, located in Washington, D.C.
Dr. Sweeney has clinical interests in infant care and development, as well as school and learning problems.
Dr. Sweeney earned her medical degree from University at Buffalo School of Medicine. She completed a residency in pediatrics at MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center, where she was chief pediatric resident.
Dr. Sweeney has been named a Top Doctor by Washingtonian Magazine and Consumers’ Checkbook magazine.
Dr. Sweeney is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Departments / Divisions
- Obstetrics and Gynecology at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, University at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences (1998)
- MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center / Pediatrics (2001)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatrics (2002)
Activities & Honors
- Top Doctor, Washingtonian Magazine
- Top Doctor, Consumers' Checkbook
- American Academy of Pediatrics