Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Sridhar Nimmagadda, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Research Interests: Molecular imaging probes; chemokine receptors in cancer therapy and imaging; immune modulation therapies; non-invasive assessment of tumor response to therapy. ...read more
Dr. Sridhar Nimmagadda is an Assistant Professor in the Johns Hopkins Medicine Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Department of Oncology and Department of Medicine. He specializes in neuroradiology and molecular imaging.
Dr. Nimmagadda received a B.S. in mathematics, physics and chemistry, and an M.S. in physical chemistry from Andhra University in India. He completed an additional M.S. in bioorganic chemistry at the Indian Institute of Technology, and in 2005 he received a Ph.D. in cancer biology from Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan. After a postdoctoral fellowship in molecular imaging at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, he joined the Johns Hopkins faculty as an Assistant Professor in 2009.
Dr. Nimmagadda has won numerous awards and grants for his research, has authored more than 50 journal articles, and is the Associate Editor of Frontiers in Cancer Imaging and Diagnosis.
- Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
- Associate Professor of Oncology
- Joint Appointment in Medicine
Departments / Divisions
Centers & Institutes
- B.Sc., Andhra Loyola College (India) (1994)
- Ph.D., Wayne State University School of Medicine - Detroit (Michigan) (2005)
Molecular Imaging, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 2008, Postdoctoral Fellowship
Research & Publications
Dr. Nimmagadda’s research focuses on the development of imaging agents for early detection of metastatic disease. His current work examines the role of chemokine receptors in cancer progression and metastasis. Ongoing studies include the development and evaluation of positron emission tomography (PET), single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) based radiopharmaceuticals and optical imaging agents for chemokine receptors four and seven (CXCR4 and CXCR7).
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Nimmagadda S, Pullambhatla M, Green G, Bhujwalla ZM, Pomper, MG., Molecular Imaging of CXCR4 Receptor Expression in Human Cancer Xenografts with [64Cu]AMD3100-PET. Cancer Res, 70, 3935-3944, 2010.
De Silva RA, Peyre KP, Pullambhatla M, Fox JJ, Pomper MG, Nimmagadda S., Imaging CXCR4 expression in human cancer xenografts: Evaluation of monocyclam [64Cu]AMD3465. J Nucl Med., 2011 Jun;52(6):986-93.
Chatterjee S, Lesniak W, Gabrielson M, Lisok A, Wharram B, Sysa-Shah P, Behnam Azad B, Poper MG, Nimmagadda S. A humanized antibody for imaging immune checkpoint ligand PD-L1 expression in tumors. Oncotarget, 2016 Mar 1;7(9):10215-27
Lesniak W, Oskolkov N, Yang X, Pomper MG, Nimmagadda S*, McMahon MT*. Salicylic Acid Conjugated Dendrimers Are a Tunable, High Performance CEST MRI Nanoplatform. Nano Lett, 2016 Apr 13;16(4):2248-53.
Behnam Azad B, Chatterjee S, Poierier JT, Lisok A, Lesniak W, Pullambhatla M, Luker G, Pomper MG, Nimmagadda S. Targeted Imaging of the Atypical Chemokine Receptor 3 (ACKR3/CXCR7) in Human Cancer Xenografts. J Nucl Med. 2016 Jun;57(6):981-8.
Activities & Honors
- Conferred Distinction for Baccalaureate studies, Andhra Loyola College, 1994
- Tipirneni Lakshmi Perumal Educational Trust Merit Scholarship, Andhra Loyola College, 1993 - 1994
- Conferred Distinction for Masters studies, Andhra University, 1996
- Tipirneni Lakshmi Perumal Educational Trust Merit Scholarship, Andhra University, 1994 - 1995
- Young Investigator Award, Center for Molecular Imaging Innovation & Translation, 2011
- Travel Award, Society of Molecular Imaging, 2008
- Young Investigator Travel Award, Society of Molecular Imaging, 2005
- Berson-Yalow Award, Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, 2010
- Berson-Yalow Award, Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, 2011
- Alavi-Mandell Award, Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, 2008
- Graduate Professional Travel Award, Wayne State University, 2005
- Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Travel Award, Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging , 2008
- World Molecular Imaging Congress, 2008