Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Lysandra Voltaggio, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Languages: English, Spanish
Expertise: Anatomic Pathology
Research Interests: Cardiovascular diseases, particularly ischemia-reperfusion injury
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Lysandra Voltaggio is an assistant professor of pathology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She specializes in anatomic pathology, with particular emphasis on the pathology of the liver and gastrointestinal system.
Dr. Voltaggio received her M.D. from the University of Puerto Rico in 2003. She conducted a residency in pathology at the Thomas Jefferson University Hospital and completed a fellowship in surgical pathology and cytopathology in 2008 at George Washington University.
Dr. Voltaggio has authored or co-authored several peer-reviewed publications and is certified by the American Board of Pathology in cytopathology and anatomic pathology.
- Assistant Professor of Pathology
- MD, University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine (2003)
- Thomas Jefferson University College of Graduate Studies / Pathology (2007)
- George Washington University School of Medicine / Cytopathology (2008)
- George Washington University School of Medicine (2009)
- American Board of Pathology / Anatomic Pathology (2007)
- American Board of Pathology / Cytopathology (2008)
Research & Publications
- Voltaggio L, Montgomery EA. "Gastric Mesenchymal Lesions Other Than Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor." Diagnostic Histopathology. 2014. June; 20(6): 228-238.
- Voltaggio L, Montgomery EA, Ali MA, Singhi AD, Arnold C. "Sex, Lies, and Gastrointestinal Tract Biopsies: A Review of Selected Sexually Transmitted Proctocolitides." Advances in Anatomic Pathology. 2014. March; 21(2): 83-93.
- Arnold CA, Montgomery EA, Voltaggio L. "Syphilitic and Lymphogranuloma Venereum (LGV) Proctocolitis: Clues to a Frequently Missed Diagnosis." Am J Surg Pathol. 2013 Jan;37(1):38-46.
- Ali A, Lam-Himlin D, Voltaggio L. "Eosinophilic Esophagitis Clinical, Endoscopic, and Histopathologic Review." Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. 2012 Dec;76(6):1224-37.
- Voltaggio L, Murray R, Lasota J, Miettinen M. "Gastric Shwannoma: A Clinicopathologic Study of 51 Cases and Review of the Literature." Human Pathology. 2011 Nov 30. Epub ahead of print.