Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Nisha Aggarwal Gilotra, M.D.
Co-Director, Heart Failure Bridge Clinic
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Specializes in: Geriatrics (55+ years), Adults (18+ years)
Languages: English, Hindi
Expertise: Cardiac Sarcoidosis, Cardiomyopathy, Endomyocardial Biopsy, General Internal Medicine, Heart Failure, Heart Transplant, Right Heart Catheterization, Ventricular Assist Device ...read more
Research Interests: heart failure; heart transplant; mechanical assist devices; myocarditis
Dr. Nisha A. Gilotra is a cardiologist in the Johns Hopkins Medicine Division of Cardiology with expertise in advanced heart failure, including the care of heart transplant and ventricular assist device patients. She is also an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine.
Dr. Gilotra received her medical degree from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA. She completed her medical residency, general cardiology fellowship and advanced heart failure fellowship at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Between fellowships, she served as an Assistant Chief of Service for the Department of Medicine.
Dr. Gilotra’s research interests include heart failure, heart transplant, heart assist devices, myocarditis and heart failure quality improvement.
- Co-Director, Heart Failure Bridge Clinic
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University (2008)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Internal Medicine (2011)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Cardiology (2015)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Cardiology (2016)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology (2016)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Cardiovascular Disease (2015)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2011)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Gilotra NA, Bennett MK, Shpigel A, Ahmed HM, Rao S, Dunn J, Harrington C, Freitag TB, Halushka MK, Russell SD. "Outcomes and predictors of recovery in acute onset cardiomyopathy: a single-center experience of patients undergoing endomyocardial biopsy for new heart failure." Am Heart J 2016;179:116-126.
Gilotra NA, Minkove N, Bennett M, Tedford RJ, Steenbergen C, Judge DP, Halushka MK, Russell SD. "Low serum cardiac Troponin I does not preclude a diagnosis of giant cell myocarditis." J Card Fail. 2016;22(7):583-5. PMID: 26768222.
Bennett MK, Gilotra NA, Harrington C, Rao S, Dunn JM, Freitag TB, Halushka MK, Russell SD. "An evaluation of the role of endomyocardial biopsy in 851 patients with unexplained heart failure from 2000-2009." Circ Heart Fail. 2013;6(4):676-84. PMID: 23733916.
Gilotra NA, Shpigel A, Okwuosa IS, Tamrat R, Flowers D, Skarupski K, Yousem DM, Russell SD. "Description of heart failure patients' Myers-Briggs Type Indicator profiles." Health Behavior and Policy Review. 2017.
Gilotra NA, Okwuosa I, Russell SD. "Update on cardiac allograft vasculopathy: what we know in 2016." Curr Transpl Rep. 2016:1-10. DOI: 10.1007/s40472-016-0105-x.
Activities & Honors
- American Heart Association
- American College of Cardiology
- Heart Failure Society of America
- International Society of Heart and Lung Transplantation