I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Frederick Charles Nucifora, Jr, D.O., M.H.S., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry
Research Interests: Molecular and biological pathways of psychiatric illnesses
Request an Appointment
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-5212
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Frederick Nucifora is an assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include adult psychiatry.
Dr. Nucifora earned his medical degree from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his residency at The Johns Hopkins Hospital’s Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, where he also performed a fellowship in psychiatry. Dr. Nucifora is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology.
His research interests include the molecular and biological etiology of psychiatric illnesses, including schizophrenia and Huntington’s disease.
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- PhD; Psychiatry, The Johns Hopkins Hospital (2001)
- DO, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (2003)
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science / Psychiatry (2007)
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science (2008)
- American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology / Psychiatry (2008)
Research & Publications
Dr. Nucifora’s research interests focus on the molecular and biological etiology of psychiatric illnesses, including schizophrenia and Huntington’s disease.
Activities & Honors
- NARSAD: The Brain and Behavior Research Fund Young Investigator Fellowship, Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation, 2011