1. Clever SL, Jin L, Levinson W, Meltzer D. Does doctor-patient communication affect patient satisfaction with hospital care? Results of an analysis with a novel instrumental variable. Health Services Research. 2008 October;43:1505-19.
2. Clever SL, Ford DE, Rubenstein LV, Rost KM, Meredith LS, et al. Primary Care patients involvement in decision making is associated with improvement in depression. Med Care. 2006 May;44:398-405.
3. Windish DM, Price EG, Clever SL, Magaziner J, Thomas PA. Teaching medical students the important connection between communication and clinical reasoning. J Gen Intern Med. 2005 Dec;20:1108-13.
4. Clever SL, Novack D, Cohen D, Levinson W. Evaluating surgeons informed decision making skills: pilot test using a videoconferenced standardized patient. Medical Education. 2003;37:1094-99.
5. Clever SL, Tulsky JA. Dreaded conversations: moving beyond discomfort in patient-physician communication. J Gen Intern Med. 2002 Nov;17(11):893-894.
6. Clever SL, Edwards KA, Feudtner, C, Braddock CH 3rd. Ethics and communication: does students comfort addressing ethical issues vary by specialty team? J Gen Int Med. 2001 Aug; 16(8):559-63.