Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Charles Locke, M.D.
Charles Frederick S Locke, M.D.
Senior Physician Advisor, Clinical/Resource Management, Johns Hopkins Hospital
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Internal Medicine
Research Interests: Utilization/clinical resource management; Venous thromboembolic disease
Request an Appointment
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-502-2128
600 N. Wolfe Street
Brady Suite 426
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Charles Locke is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include internal medicine. Dr. Locke serves as the senior physician advisor, clinical/resource management for The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
Dr. Locke received his M.D. from the University of Pennsylvania. He completed his residency at the University of Virginia Health System. He joined the Johns Hopkins faculty in 1998.
His research interests include utilization/clinical resource management and venous thromboembolic disease.
Dr. Locke has been recognized by the Institute for Excellence in Education with a Departmental Teaching Award.
- Senior Physician Advisor, Clinical/Resource Management, Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MD, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (1993)
- University of Virginia Health System / Internal Medicine (1996)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1996, 2006)
Research & Publications
Locke C, Moreland C. "Venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in total knee arthroplasty and total hip arthroplasty." Hospital Medicine Clinics. 2013 Jan;2(1):e91-e102.
Moreland C, Locke C. "Venous thromboembolism prophylaxis after nonorthopedic surgical procedures." Hospital Medicine Clinics. 2013 Jan;2(1):e117-e129.
Locke CF. "Mortality as primary end point in studies of heparin thromboprophylaxis [letter]." American Journal of Medicine. 2007 May;120(5):e11.
Activities & Honors
- Departmental Teaching Award, Johns Hopkins Institute for Excellence in Education, 2013
- Osler House Staff Award, Johns Hopkins University Department of Medicine, 2013