Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Mary Beth Brady, M.D.
Director, Intraoperative Transesophageal Echocardiography Program
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Request an Appointment
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-955-8465
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Dr. Mary Beth Brady is an assistant professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She is nationally known as an expert in tranesophageal echocardiography, and serves as director of the Intraoperative Transesophageal Echocardiography Program and medical director of the Adult Post Anesthesia Care Unit at Johns Hopkins.
Dr. Brady received her undergraduate and medical degrees at Georgetown University. She went on to complete a residency in anesthesiology and critical care medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in 1997. At the completion of her residency, she began a combined fellowship in cardiac anesthesia and vascular-thoracic anesthesia. She was the first such resident to complete this combined fellowship at Johns Hopkins.
She has given a multitude of invited talks on a national and international level. She is a fellow of the American Society of Echocardiography and serves on the editorial board of Seminars in Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. Dr. Brady is board certified in advanced perioperative transesophageal echocardiography.
- Director, Intraoperative Transesophageal Echocardiography Program
- Medical Director, Johns Hopkins Post Anesthesia Care Unit
- Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Departments / Divisions
- Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine - Adult Anesthesiology
- MD, Georgetown University School of Medicine (1993)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine (1997)
- American Board of Anesthesiology / Anesthesiology-General (1998)