Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Navin Singh, M.D.
Director of Breast Reconstruction
Specializes in: Children (1-11 years), Adults (18+ years), Adolescents (12-18 years)
Languages: English, French, Hindi
Expertise: Breast Disease, Facial Aesthetic Surgery, Facial Reconstruction, Limb Salvage Surgery, Microvascular Reconstruction, Plastic Surgery, Surgery
Research Interests: Facial Aesthetic Surgery; Breast Microsurgery; Robotic Surgery; Breast Reconstruction; Limb Salvage
Washingtonian Plastic Surgery - Chevy Chase
Appointment Phone: 301-244-0277
5454 Wisconsin Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815 map
Washingtonian Plastic Surgery
Appointment Phone: 703-345-4377
8200 Greensboro Drive
McLean, VA 22102 map
A member of numerous professional societies, including the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the International Trauma Anesthesia & Critical Care Society, and the American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery, Dr. Singh has twice been the recipient of the Teacher of the Year award at Johns Hopkins and has been voted among America’s Top Physicians and America’s Top Plastic Surgeons by the Consumer Research Council of America.
Dr. Singh has published extensively and made a number of media appearances discussing several topics, including breast reconstruction, general plastic surgery, and robot-assisted microsurgery. He is on the editorial boards of the Aesthetic Surgery Journal and Microsurgery and is the plastic surgery advisor for the Breast Health Center of the National Women’s Health Resource Center.
- Director of Breast Reconstruction
- Residency Program Director
- Director of Resident Cosmetic Surgery Education
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery at Sibley Memorial Hospital
- MD, Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital (1993)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Plastic Surgery (1999)
- American Board of Plastic Surgery / Plastic Surgery (2001)
Research & Publications
Heitmiller RF, Gruber PJ, Swier P, Singh N. Long-segment substernal jejunal esophageal replacement with internal mammary vascular augmentation. Diseases of the Esophagus. 2000;(13), 240-242.
Nahabedian MY, Dooley W, Singh N, Manson P. Contour abnormalities of the abdomen after breast reconstruction with abdominal flaps: the role of muscle preservation. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Jan. 2002; Vol. 109 No. 1, 91-101.
Tu AT, Girotto JA, Singh N, Dufresne CR, Robertson BC, Seyfer AE, Manson PN, Iliff N. Facial fractures from dog bite injuries. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Apr. 2002;Vol.109 No. 4, 1259-1265.
Singh N, Robertson BC, Dellon A Lee. Use of an innervated tongue flap to rehabilitate the tongue after hypoglossal to facial nerve transfer. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Jun 2002; Vol. 109 No. 7, 2439-2442.
Chevray PM, Singh NK. Abdominal wall reconstruction with the free tensor fascia lata myofasciocutaneous flap using intraperitoneal gastroepiploic recipient vessels. Annals of Plastic Surgery. July 2003;51(1):97-102.
Girotto JA, Chiaramonte M, Menon G, Singh NK, Tufaro AP, Nahabedian M, Goldberg NH, Manson PN. Recalcitrant abdominal wall hernias: long-term superiority of autologous tissue repair. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2003 Jul;112(1):106-14.
Silverman RP, Singh NK, Li, EN, Disa, JJ, Girotto JA, Slezak, S, Goldberg NH. Restoring abdominal wall integrity in contaminated tissue-deficient wounds using autologous fasica grafts. Plast and Reconstructive Surgery. 2004 Feb; 113(2): 673-5.
Nahabedian MY, Singh NK, Deune EG, Silverman RP, Tufaro AP. Recipient vessel analysis for microvascular reconstruction of the head and neck. Annals of Plastic Surgery. In Press.
Taghva, A, Rodriguez, ED, Silverman, RP, Singh, NK, Tufaro,AP. The Buccal Fat Pad for periorbital reconstruction: a cadaver dissection and report of two cases. Plast and Reconstructive Surgery. In Press.
Activities & Honors
- Association of Academic Chairmen of Plastic Surgery, Associate Member
- International Trauma Anesthesia & Critical Care Society, Faculty
- AO/ASIF North America, Faculty
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
- Johns Hopkins University MBA Association
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Association for Surgical Education
- Association for Academic Surgery
- National Capital Area Plastic Surgery Society, Washington, DC
- International Society of Craniofacial Surgery, Associate Member
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery