Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Henry D Jampel, M.D.
Medical Director, Wilmer Eye Institute - Green Spring Station
Professor of Ophthalmology
Expertise: Glaucoma, Ophthalmology
Research Interests: clinical research
Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute
Appointment Phone: 410-955-6082
600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute - Green Spring Station
Appointment Phone: 410-583-2802
10753 Falls Road
Lutherville, MD 21093 map
Henry D. Jampel, M.D., M.H.S., is the Odd Fellows Professor of Ophthalmology at the Wilmer Eye Institute. He specializes in glaucoma and serves as the medical director of Wilmer's Green Spring Station location. His research interests include evaluation of medical vs. surgical treatment of glaucoma in newly diagnosed patients and on imaging devices for the detection of glaucoma and its progression.
Dr. Jampel received his M.D. degree from Yale University and his M.H.S. in health finance and management from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. He completed an internship in internal medicine at Sinai Hospital and his residency in ophthalmology at the Wilmer Eye Institute. After completing a glaucoma fellowship in glaucoma at Wilmer, Dr. Jampel joined the faculty in 1988.
- Medical Director, Wilmer Eye Institute - Green Spring Station
- Professor of Ophthalmology
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Yale University School of Medicine (1982)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Ophthalmology (1986)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Ophthalmology (1988)
- American Board of Ophthalmology / Ophthalmology (1987)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- Research to Prevent Blindness Physician-Scientist Award
- Secretariat Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Senior Achievement Award, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Glaucoma Society
- American Ophthalmological Society
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Glaucoma Research Society
- Associate Editor-in-Chief, Ophthalmology
- Odd Fellows, Professor of Ophthalmology