Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
Pamela Ann Lipsett, M.D.
Program Director, Surgical Critical Care
Professor of Surgery
Expertise: Critical Care, Surgical Critical Care
Research Interests: Drug development trials; Phase II, III trials of agents for critically ill patients, especially sepsis; Prevention and management of nosocomial infection; Outcomes and cost effectivenss ...read more
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe Street
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
- Program Director, Surgical Critical Care
- Program Director, General Surgery
- Co-Director Surgical Intensive Care Units
- Professor of Surgery
- Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
- MD; Medicine, Univ of Massachusetts Medical School-Nursing (1984)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / General Surgery (1989)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgery- General (1990, 2009)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgical Critical Care (1991, 2009)
Activities & Honors
- George J. Stuart Award for Outstanding Clinical Teaching, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1994
- George J. Stuart Award for Outstanding Clinical Teaching, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1999
- The Professors' Award for Excellence in Teaching, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Certificate of Appreciation, Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Surgical Infection Society