Johns Hopkins is committed to protecting your health information. Our Notice of Privacy Practices explains how all members of the Johns Hopkins organizations will safeguard your privacy. Information relating to the privacy/confidentiality of patient health information found on this website relates only to the Johns Hopkins activities in the United States of America.
- Johns Hopkins Notice of Privacy Practices
- Johns Hopkins Notice of Privacy Practices (available in multiple languages)
- Hopkins ElderPlus Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE)
If you wish to contact the applicable Health Information Management (medical records) Department as instructed in the Notice of Privacy Practices:
- for Johns Hopkins Hospital: 410-955-6044 or 410-955-6043
- for Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center: 410-550-0688
- for Howard County General Hospital: 410-740-7953
- for Johns Hopkins Community Physicians: 410-338-3480
- for Johns Hopkins Home Care Group: 410-288-8174
- for Suburban Hospital: 301-896-3777
- for Sibley Memorial Hospital: 202-537-4088
- for Signature Ob/Gyn: 410-884-8131
Our Notice of Privacy Practices identifies that some of our Johns Hopkins health care provider organizations participate in the Chesapeake Regional Information System for our Patients, Inc. (CRISP), a regional Internet-based health information exchange. We may share information that we obtain or create about you with other health care providers or other health care entities, such as your health plan or health insurer, as permitted by law, through CRISP.
For example, information about your past medical care and current medical conditions and medications can be available to us or to your non-Johns Hopkins primary care physician or hospital, if they participate in CRISP as well. Exchange of health information can provide faster access, better coordination of care and assist providers and public health officials in making more informed decisions.
You may opt out of CRISP and disable access to your health information available through CRISP by contacting CRISP at 1-877-952-7477 or completing and submitting an Opt-Out form to CRISP by mail, fax, or through their website at crisphealth.org. Even if you opt-out of CRISP, public health reporting and Controlled Dangerous Substances information, as part of the Maryland Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP), will still be available to providers as permitted by law. Not all of the Johns Hopkins organizations participate in CRISP; your Johns Hopkins health care provider can provide information as to whether or not it participates in CRISP.
For Health Plan Members