Search the Health Library
Get the facts on diseases, conditions, tests and procedures.
I Want To...
Find a Doctor
Find a doctor at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center or Johns Hopkins Community Physicians.
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
The speech-language pathologists at Johns Hopkins provide therapy for adults whose ability to speak or swallow has been affected by injury or illness. Our speech-language pathologists (sometimes informally referred to as speech therapists) assess and treat speech, language, and swallowing disorders.
We work with patients to help them achieve their goals for recovery. Contact us today to make an appointment with one of our speech-language pathologists
Common conditions treated
- Brain and stroke
- Cognitive and communication disorders
- Language problems (aphasia)
- Spinal cord injuries and other neurological conditions
- Swallowing disorders (dysphagia)
- Voice disorders (including dysarthria)
- Augmentive and alternative communications provide various means of communications for those with speech difficulties
- Video swallow study to assess swallowing and swallow safety, and to make recommendations regarding diet and specific techniques