Sara I. Pai, M.D., Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology
EDUCATION - Medical
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
EDUCATION - Residency
Johns Hopkins University
- HPV-associated head and neck cancers
- Thyroid and parathyroid disorders
- Salivary gland disorders
- Development of novel cancer vaccines for HPV-associated head and neck cancers
- Understanding how cancer cells can alter their microenvironment to evade the immune system
- Genetic changes associated with thyroid malignancies and identification of diagnostic molecular markers for early detection and development of novel treatment strategies
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
Park IS, Loyo M, Chuang A, Kim MS, Chae YK, Lyford-Pike S, Westra WH, Sidransky D, Pai SI. Characterization of the human papillomavirus type 16 viral epigenome in head and neck cancers. Cancer Prev Res 2011 Feb;4(2):207-17.
Tufano RP and Pai SI. Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery. Otolaryngol Clin North Am 2010 Apr;43(2):353-63.
Best SR, Peng S, Juang CM, Hung CF, Hannaman D, Saunders JR, Wu TC, Pai SI. Administration of HPV DNA vaccine via electroporation elicits the strongest CD8+ T cell immune responses compared to intramuscular injection and intradermal gene gun delivery. Vaccine 2009 Sep 4;27(40):5450-9.