Mohammad O. Hoque, DDS, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery, Urology and Oncology
- BDS: Dhaka University, Bangladesh
- DDS: Dhaka University, Bangladesh
- Ph. D.: Tokushima University, Japan
EDUCATION: Foreign Internship and Clinical Training
- Internship, Dhaka Dental College and Hospital
- Oral Surgery Training, Dhaka Dental College
- Postgraduate training, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University, Dhaka
- Advanced Clinical Training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Oncology, Tokushima University, Japan
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Johns Hopkins University
- Molecular biologic basis of head and neck, lung and genitourinary cancer
- Develop and validate genetic and epigenetic approach for early cancer diagnosis, cancer risk assessment and cancer prognosis
Zhong X, Isharwal S. Naples JM, Shiff C, Veltri RW, Shao C, Bosompem KM, Sidransky D, Hoque MO. Hypermethylation of genes detected in urine from Ghanaian adults with bladder pathology associated with Schistosoma haematobium infection. PLoS One (in press).
Sen T, Sen N, Noordhuis MG, Ravi R, Wu T-C, Ha PK, Sidransky D, Hoque MO. OGDHL is a modifier of AKT-dependent signaling and NF-κB function. PLoS One. 2012; 7(11):e48770. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0048770.
Brait M, Loyo M, Rosenbaum E, Ostrow K, Markova A, Papagerakis S, Zahurak M, Goodman SN, Zeiger M, Sidransky D, Umbricht CB, Hoque MO. Correlation between BRAF mutation and promoter methylation of TIMP3, RARβ2, and RASSF1A in thyroid cancer. Epigenetics. 2012 Jul;7(7):710-9.
Brait M, Maldonado L, Begum S, Loyo M, Wehle D, Tavora FF, Lebron C, Kowalski J, Zhang Z, Rosenbaum E, Halachmi S, Netto GJ, Hoque MO. DNA methylation profiles delineate epigenetic heterogeneity in seminoma and non-seminoma. Br J Cancer. 2012 Jan 17; 106 (2):414-23.
Lebron C, Pal P, Brait M, Dasgupta S, Guerrero-Preston R, Looijenga LH, Kowalski J, Netto G, Hoque MO. Genome-wide analysis of genetic alterations in testicular primary seminomas using high resolution single-nucleotide polymorphism arrays. Genomics. 2011 Jun; 97(6):341-9.
Hoque MO, Kim MS, Ostrow KL, Liu J, Wisman BA, Park HL, Poeta ML, Jeronimo C,Henrique R, Lendvai A, Schuuring ED, Begum S, Rosenbaum R, Ongenaert M, Yamashita K, Califano J, Westra WH, Zee VD, Criekinge WV, Sidransky D: Genome-wide Promoter Analysis Uncovers Portions of the Cancer Methylome. Cancer Res. 2008 Apr 15; 68 (8): 2661-70.
Hoque MO, Begum S, Topaloglu O, Chatterjee A, Rosenbaum E, Criekinge WV, Westra WH, Schoenberg M and Sidransky D. Methylation pattern of multiple genes in urine sediment DNA from bladder cancer cases and controls by quantitative methylation specific PCR (QMSP). J Natl Cancer Inst. 2006 Jul 19; 98 (14): 996-1004.
Hoque MO, Topaloglu O, Begum S, Henrique R, Rosenbaum E , Criekinge WV, Westra WH, Sidransky D. Quantitative methylation specific PCR gene patterns in urine sediment distinguish Prostate Cancer patients from controls. J Clin Oncol. 2005 Sep 20; 23 (27):6569-75.