Information for Patients and Caregivers
Beginning in January 2006, over 42 million Americans will be eligible to participate in Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage. If you are a person covered by Medicare or care for someone who is, we encourage you to learn more about this new program.
Medicare prescription drug coverage:
- Is available for all people in Medicare
- Helps people with Medicare pay for the prescriptions they need
- Provides extra help for people who need it most
- Pays for brand name as well as generic drugs
- Offers a choice of plans
- In choosing a plan, check if your medicines are covered, if your pharmacy participates and monthly fees
Enrollment is under way (began November 15, 2005). Participants must sign up by December 31, 2005 to get coverage beginning January 1, 2006. The last day to sign up for coverage in 2006 is May 15, 2006.