Thank you for your interest in Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship training at Johns Hopkins. We invite you to explore this website to learn more about our program. We will accept applications for the 2015 program through the ERAS system only.
Number of positions
We expect to recruit for 9 positions for the program beginning July 1, 2015.
The deadline to have a complete application in ERAS is July 31, 2014.
We anticipate being able to notify applicants regarding interview status during the last week in August 2014. Interviews will be conducted in September and October of 2014.
The following supporting documents should be submitted via the ERAS program:
- ERAS Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Official Medical School Transcript
- USMLE Transcripts (at least Steps 1&2)
- Personal Statement
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, including one from your program director. Please note: the ERAS system can accommodate up to 4 recommendation letters. (We will not accept letters or copies of publications via fax or mail.)
Information for applicants on a Visa
- J-1 Visas will be sponsored for applicants who are accepted into the program. Foreign medical graduates will need to have completed an ACGME-approved residency program in Internal Medicine in the United States prior to beginning our program.
- We are not able to sponsor H-1 visas (and we will not convert H visas to J visas for individual candidates).
We value the diversity of our institution and our division, and we welcome and encourage applications from women and under-represented minorities.
If you have any specific questions about our program, please feel free to contact our fellowship administrator.
Steven Schulman, M.D.
Director of Fellowship Recruitment
Professor of Medicine
Please direct all inquiries regarding the fellowship application to:
Ruth E. Bassford
Cardiology Fellowship Administrator
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
600 N. Wolfe Street, Carnegie 568
Baltimore, MD 21287