Saving lives by leading the world in patient safety and quality care
We partner with patients, their loved ones and others to eliminate preventable harm, optimize patient outcomes and experience, and reduce waste in health care delivery.
We will realize these goals by:
- Advancing the science of patient safety and quality
- Building organizational capacity for improvement through training and supportive infrastructure
- Designing, implementing and evaluating interventions
- Listening, learning and sharing
We embrace the core values of Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Excellence and Discovery
- Leadership and Integrity
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Respect and Collegiality
The institute also embraces the core values of:
- Patient- and Family-Centered Care
- I act humbly.
- I appreciate others and treat them respectfully.
- I am accountable to continuously improve myself, my team and Johns Hopkins Medicine.