I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Current Research in Ocular Immunology
The faculty in the Division of Ocular Immunology is currently working on the following projects:
- Epidemiology of clinical treatments in ocular inflammatory diseases
- Molecular search for viruses, bacteria and fungi in Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome. Funded by the Wilmer/King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital joint research collaboration. Led by Dr. Thorne and Dr. Hassan Al-Dhibi. Look for potential microbial etiologies of Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome by searching for viral, bacterial and fungal genomes in the peripheral blood of patients with active Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada syndrome.
- Working with the MUST (Multicenter uveitis steroid treatment) trials and the Longitudinal Study of the Ocular Complication of AIDS
- Looking at current practice patterns, clinical outcomes and complications with steroid implants for patients with non-infectious uveitis
- Molecular analysis of bacterial and fungal DNA in conjunctival sarcoid granulomas. Funded by a Mallinckrodt Research Fellowship Award. Investigate possible microbial causes of sarcoidosis by carrying out an extensive molecular search for bacterial and fungal DNA in conjunctival sarcoid granulomas.