I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Zeiss LSM 510 Meta Confocal Microscope
The Zeiss LSM 510 Meta Confocal Microscope comes with the following features:
- 7 laser lines to select from
- UV 405nm at 25mW (for violet excitation of dyes such as BFP, DAPI, Hoechst, AMCA)
- Tunable Argon 458/477/488/514nm at 30mW (458,477, and 488 for blue excitation of dyes such as GFP, CFP, FITC, CY2; 514 for green excitation of dyes)
- Hene 543nm at 1mW (as well as Argon 514 for green excitation of dyes such as Rhodamine, CY3, YFP, Propidium Iodide, Alexa 546)
- Hene 633nm at 3mW (for red excitation for dyes such as CY5)
- 2 PMTs (photomultiplier tubes)
- 1 Meta detector (polychromatic detector, can also be used as third PMT)
- Axiovert 200 Wide field fluorescence microscope with the following 5 lenses:
- 5X Plan-Apochromat/0.16 NA
- 10X Plan-Neo/0.3 NA
- 20X Plan-Apo/0.75 NA with DIC capability
- 40X Plan-Neo/1.3 NA Oil with DIC capability
- 63X Plan-Apo/1.4 NA Oil with DIC capability
- Incubation system for live cell work
- Offline LSM workstation for image manipulation and analysis after capture
What can it do for you?
- Z sectioning and 3D reconstruction
- Time series for following cellular events
- Emission fingerprinting
- Co-localization of multiple proteins and/or dyes
- Spectral analysis
Downloadable Instructional PDFs and articles on confocal techniques with the LSM 510 Meta system
- LSM 510 Meta Overviews
- Emission Fingerprinting
Helpful Link for Confocal Microscopy
Download site for free Zeiss LSM browser
This site will allow you to download the free Zeiss LSM browser on your personal workstation. This program will allow you to do basic browsing of the LSM format images and exporting for manipulation in other packages.