I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Ocular Trauma: The Basics
Sat., July 29, 2017
8:00a.m. - 3:30p.m.
The Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute
Please join us for this full-day event to explore and discuss the principles and cutting-edge techniques of eye trauma. We are honored to have esteemed vitreoretinal specialist Ferenc Kuhn, M.D., Ph.D., as a special guest lecturer.
Dr. Kuhn is is an associate professor of ophthalmology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham and professor of ophthalmology at the University of Pécs in Hungary. He was elected Executive Vice President of the International Society of Ocular Trauma (ISOT) in 2000 and has been its President since January 2012. He was also elected President of the American Society of Ocular Trauma in 2002, and is Director for Clinical Research at the Helen Keller Foundation for Research and Education. Learn more about Dr. Kuhn.
- Fasika Woreta, M,D,, M.P.H., Director of the Eye Trauma Center
- Shameema Sikder, M.D., Director of the Center for Excellence for Ophthalmic Surgical Education and Training (OphSET).
- 8:00a.m. - 8:30a.m.: Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:30a.m. - 10:30a.m.: Principles of Wound Closure
- 10:30a.m. - 10:45a.m.: Break
- 10:45a.m. - 11:15a.m.: Timing of Reconstruction of the Severely Injured Eye
- 11:15a.m. - 12:15p.m.: PVR Prophylaxis
- 12:15p.m. - 12:45p.m.: The VR Surgeon In the Anterior Segment (traumatic cataract + iris reconstruction)
- 12:45p.m. - 1:15p.m. Lunch
- 1:30p.m. - 3:30p.m.: Suturing wet lab
Ocular Trauma: The Basics will take place at the Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute:600 N. Wolfe Street
Baltimore, MD 21287