I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Wilmer Eye Institute's 11th Annual Evidence-based Optometry Conference
Sunday, March 11, 2018
8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m.
Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute
7 CE Hours (COPE Approval Pending)
The Wilmer Eye Institute's 11th Annual Evidence-based Care Optometry Conference is a one-day live event offering 7 hours CE (COPE approval pending). The conference, assembled by Wilmer faculty, features experts delivering the strongest scientific evidence available on each of their topics. The annual reviews provided by audiences in past conferences have consistently rated the panel discussions after each session as a valuable highlight of the meeting.
Neuro-ophthalmology and Glaucoma (2 hours)
- Glaucoma management
- Glaucoma microsurgical techniques
- Pseudotumor cerebri management updates
- Migraine headache for the eye care practitioner
Anterior segment panel (2 hours)
- Updates on the DEWS II report
- Collagen crosslinking
- Cochrane Review summary of management of corneal abrasions
- Latest on cataract surgery techniques and management
Posterior segment (1.5 hours)
- OCT angiography for retinal diseases
- Future directions of AMD management
- The evolution of diabetes treatment and monitoring
- Zika update for the eye care provider
Refractive and optics session (1.5 hours)
- Evidence-based guidelines on slowing myopia progression
- Myth vs. fact: blue light and filtering devices
- Growing your practice by offering medically necessary contact lenses
Parking and Directions
The conference will take place in the Turner Auditorium, which is located in the Turner Building:
The Turner Building
720 Rutland Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21205
Registration can be made by mail, fax or phone:Rebecca Scarborough
Wilmer Eye Institute
10753 Falls Road, Pavilion II, Suite 455
Lutherville, MD 21093
Phone: (410) 583-2843; Fax: (410) 367-2264
On-site registration available from 8:00a.m. - 8:30a.m. (on the day of event only check accepted)
A $20 administrative fee will be applied to refund for cancellation. Only written requests by email to Rscarbo1@jhmi.edu by March 1, 2018 will be honored.