In This Section      
Print This Page

Spring 2014 Q&As


Q: If I’m traveling this spring/summer and I get sick where do I go for care?

A: If you become ill or injured while traveling and require care, but it is not an emergency, call your Johns Hopkins USFHP primary care manager (PCM) office. Remember that each office has an after-hours service to receive your call. Have a question or need advice while you are away? You can call our 24-hour NurseLine at 1-866-444-3008 and speak directly with a registered nurse any time of the day or night. The number is also on the back of your Member ID card. While you’re away from home, remember that you must be referred by your PCM before you seek care to ensure that it will be covered by the Plan.

Q: Since joining the Plan I’ve started watching what I eat and exercising more. Does the US Family Health Plan offer any programs for eating and living a healthier lifestyle?

A: Yes, we do. The Johns Hopkins US Family Health Plan offers a Health Promotion and Wellness program to members. Our knowledgeable educators and coaches can help you achieve your own personal wellness goals by providing the necessary tools to get started. As a no cost  program, our educators are here to coach you to participate in a variety of wellness programs. For more information, please call 1-800-957-9760, or e-mail or follow this link here.