In This Section      
Print This Page

Fall 2012 Q&As


Q: If I become ill while traveling, what do I need to do?

A: If you become ill or injured while traveling and require care, but it is not an emergency, call your Johns Hopkins USFHP primary care manager (PCM) office. Remember that each office has an after-hours service to receive your call. Have a question or need advice while you are away? You can call our 24-hour NurseLine at 1-866-444-3008 and speak directly with a registered nurse any time of the day or night. The number is also on the back of your Member ID card. While you’re away from home, remember that you must be referred by your PCM before you seek care to ensure that it will be covered by the Plan.

Q: What about Prescriptions while traveling?

A: Prescriptions may be filled at any Rite Aid pharmacy in the United States. To find Rite Aid locations in other states, go to

If you must fill a prescription at a non-network pharmacy due to an emergent situation, you may seek reimbursement for incurred cost. To obtain reimbursement, complete the Prescription Drug Claim form available on our website ( and mail to the address indicated on the form. You will be reimbursed for the cost of the prescription, less applicable copayment. Any prescrip­tions filled outside the Rite Aid network in a non-emergent situation will be reviewed for medical neces­sity and if approved, will be reimbursed at the USFHP contracted rate less applicable copayment.