I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
General Surgery at Johns Hopkins
General surgery experts at Johns Hopkins treat patients experiencing a wide variety of problems requiring surgery — from benign, routine conditions to complex cancers. Highly skilled Johns Hopkins surgeons offer the latest techniques and treatments, including minimally invasive and robotic surgery options.
Next Day General Surgery Consultations: What to Expect
- Gallstones and other gallbladder problems
- Lumps and bumps, including lipomas, boils, cysts and skin tags
- Some incisional, inguinal and ventral hernias
When you call, you'll be asked to provide information such as your address and phone number. Please also have information about your insurance provider available. A member of our team will ask you questions about your symptoms, which will help us schedule your appointment appropriately.
- Same Day Consultations: In most cases, if you call to make an appointment before noon, you will be offered an appointment for the same day. In general, most same day appointments are reserved for new patients or patients new to the surgical specialties.
- Next-Day Consultations: If you call later than noon regarding the these surgical concerns, you will be offered an appointment for the next day. We accept appointments Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Request an Appointment:
Surgical consultations are available throughout the Greater Baltimore area.
Gallbladder Surgery | Q&A
Johns Hopkins general surgeon Bethany Sacks answers important questions about the minimally invasive approach to gallbladder surgery, including the benefits and risks and the recovery process.
What Is an Inguinal Hernia? | Q&A
Johns Hopkins general surgeon Bethany Sacks answers important questions about the minimally invasive approach to inguinal hernia surgery. Topics include ideal candidates, latest advancements and the recovery process.
Other General Surgery Services
In addition to providing next day consults for routine, common procedures, Johns Hopkins general surgeons are available for all types of surgical needs, including the most complex. Learn more about each of our general surgery programs and teams.