I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Corporate Purchasing Code of Ethics
Supply Chain Procurement and Materials Managers occupy a special position of trust and responsibility. In order to avoid the potential problems of unethical behavior, strict adherence to a sound code of ethics is required and practiced.
Ethics demand that we, as employees of the Johns Hopkins Health System Procurement and Supply Chain Departments, make or influence decisions for our Health Care System with complete fidelity to the institutions and respect the valid rights of others.
The Corporate Procurement Department subscribes to the following standards:
- Support the Mission of the Johns Hopkins Health System and Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- Strive to conduct all business with honesty, fairness, integrity, and loyalty to the Health System and our profession.
- Decline all gifts or gratuities and do not enter into any transactions resulting in our personal benefit.
- Conduct business with potential and current suppliers in an atmosphere of good faith.
- Demand honesty and integrity in sales representation.
- Conduct ourselves in such a manner as to merit the respect of our employer, co-workers, and peers.
- Exercise skill and good judgment to obtain the maximum value for each dollar of expenditure.
- Treat with discretion all information obtained in confidence.
- Foster fair, ethical and legal business practices.
- Protect Johns Hopkins Health System’s interest by ensuring our suppliers honor all terms and conditions of their contracts.
- Strive for standardization to reduce cost and further the development and methods of products that emphasize high quality, safety, and effectiveness of patient care.
CORPORATE PROCUREMENT STAFF MEMBERS WILL FOLLOW THIS CODE OF ETHICS AT ALL TIMES AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN A CONFLICT OF INTEREST STATEMENT ANNUALLY.