Suburban Hospital is fulfilling the promise of medicine right here in our community. Providing trauma and stroke care second to none, open heart surgery with results that far exceed all national outcomes, and pioneering the delivery of academic and research-based medicine in a neighborhood setting.
Amazingly, all of this innovative care took place in a small hospital facility built in the 1950s and renovated piece by piece over time, until finally reaching the limits of its capacity. On March 8, 2020 we opened the doors of the North Building to the public, completing a five-year campus transformation effort. Our new clinical building, along with expanded parking, and existing space renovations create a comprehensive medical campus that supports cutting-edge treatment, high-quality patient and family-centered care, advanced technology, clinical research, and medical education of future healthcare providers.
Financing for the $275M comprehensive project required a commitment of organizational reserves, borrowing, and significant philanthropic support from the community. A wide range of naming opportunities are still available for visionary donors.
- 300,000 sq. ft. addition plus renovations to the existing facility
- 14 state-of-the-art operating rooms sized and designed to accommodate innovations in surgical care technology such as robotics and imaging
- Private patient rooms for greater comfort, infection control and efficiency
- Increased on-campus parking and improved traffic flow
- Conveniently located medical office space for specialty physicians
- Unified campus with a new main lobby separate from the emergency entrance and trauma helipad
- Sustainable green/LEED building design
- Landscaped gardens and other spaces for healing and respite