I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Student Groups at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- American Medical Association - AMA
The purpose of the American Medical Association chapter at Hopkins is to educate students about political advocacy and other important issues facing the field of medicine today.
- American Medical Student Association - AMSA
AMSA at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine is dedicated to activities that will be of educational value to students, residents, faculty, and staff.
- Doctors for America
- Graduate Student Association
The Graduate Student Association (GSA) is the major graduate student organization of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (JHUSOM) that serves all students seeking a doctorate in philosophy or a master’s degree in arts at JHUSOM. The primary purpose of the GSA is to act as a liaison between the graduate student body and the JHUSOM administration.
- Innovation Factory - School of Medicine
- Interprofessional Education (IPE) Student Group
- MedChi, The Maryland State Medical Society
- Medical Students for Human Rights
- Medical Student Senate (MSS)
The Medical Student Senate (MSS) represents the medical student body to the faculty and administration of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Student Curriculum Review Team
- The Patient Promise
- American Medical Women’s Association - AMWA
The Johns Hopkins American Medical Women’s Association seeks to empower and advance women in medicine and to ultimately improve women’s health. These goals are achieved by optimizing our educational experience, reaching out to the larger community of women through service, addressing systematic bias and discrimination, highlighting women’s achievements in medicine, and uniting women through fellowship.
- Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association – APAMSA
The APAMSA chapter at Johns Hopkins seeds to provide a means for all students to experience the Asian culture. It hosts a variety of activities, from social events to community service to discussions with Asian Physicians.
- Association of Women Student MD/PhDs
- Catholic Medical Student Association
- Gertrude Stein Society
The Gertrude Stein Society is an organization for lesbian, gay, and bisexual members of the Johns Hopkins Medical institutions, including the Schools of Nursing, Public Health, and Medicine. Contact: email@example.com
- Jewish Student Association – HopkinsMed JSA
The Jewish Student Association (JSA) is a student run group that exists to address the needs of the graduate Jewish community at JHU and encourage interaction between graduate and medical students.
- JHMI Christian Fellowship
We are a non-denominational Christian organization that is student led with a faculty advisor. We meet weekly with other students (medical, nursing, public health, and others), as well as physicians, nurses, and other employees of the hospital.
- Johns Hopkins Graduate Muslim Students Association – JHGMSA
The Johns Hopkins Graduate Muslim Students Association (JHGMSA) was created to provide a setting for Muslims affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University community to come together to learn and practice their faith, to teach the community about Islam, and to crate an awareness of concerns specific to the Muslim community.
- Johns Hopkins International Society
The International Society provides information about housing, childcare, schools, insurance, driver’s education, English as a second language (ESL) classes, and other community resources to newly arrived internationals. An annual Welcome Reception as well as other social gatherings and trips to nearby places of interest are scheduled throughout the year. For more information, please visit - http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/intlsvcs
- Latino Medical Student Association
- Medical Student Fellowship (MSF)
- Student National Medical Association (SNMA) As the oldest organization of minority students in the United States, the Student National Medical Association (SNMA) serves the needs of African-American, Latino, and Native American students through monthly meetings, faculty forums, community activities, and recruitment of prospective students.
- Women in Surgery Interest Group
Community Activity Services
- Bamboo Sprouts
- Bienestar Baltimore
Bienestar Baltimore at the Johns Hopkins University Schools of Medicine, Nursing, and Public Health is a tri-school organization dedicated to helping the Latino community in Baltimore. We are a student run service group, dedicated to meeting the needs of the Latino community. We work on projects that meet the needs of our partnering community-based organizations (Adelante Familia, Hispanic Apostolate, Baltimore Medical Systems, and more!). We provide assistance and guidance on a variety of issues that are of importance to local Latinos.
- Charm City Clinic
- Community Adolescent Sexual Education (CASE)
- Community Care Initiative (CCI Health Fair)
The Community Care Initiative (CCI) is an organization of medical students from Johns Hopkins and University of Maryland who combine efforts to help strengthen Baltimore city communities. CCI currently runs two projects: the CCI Annual Health Fair and the Dunbar High School Mentoring Program. The health fair, now in its 13th consecutive year, is the largest in Baltimore city. The mission of the health fair is to provide unbiased health information to the public and to increase access to health care and health insurance to the community. Medical students research and prepare pamphlets, visual aids, give-a-ways, and games for their respective booth topics which cover nearly 40 different health issues or diseases. The organization is completely student-run and relies on the efforts of an organizing committee of 8-10 students and the help of booth leaders as well as an additional 50-100 general volunteers.
- Community Conferencing
- GIVE Leadership Initiative (Geriatric Interactions through Volunteer Initiatives)
- Health Care for Homeless Patient Pathways Program
- Health Leads
- Healthy Minds
- Hopkins Med for Harm Reduction (HMHR)
- Pediatric Oncology Patients: Students in Children's Life Experiences (POPSICLE)
- Refugee Health Parthway
- Relay for Life
- SHARE - Supporting Hospitals Abroad through Resources and Equipment
- S.H.A.R.E. is an organization that recovers useful medical supplies that would otherwise be discarded in order to donate them to developing countries. The program is entirely managed by volunteer students and other Johns Hopkins community members who use their spare time to collect, sterilize, label, sort and package medical supplies. Most recovered materials come from the operating rooms in clean, usable condition but cannot be reused at Hopkins because of current regulations or surgical practices. The program is run through four one-hour shifts per week; volunteers can contribute as much time as they want, from one shift per month to serving on the group's managing board. The room is always open and you can help anytime, an ideal opportunity if you want to help but do not want to commit to a specific time and day every week, you can make your own schedule according to your availability. S.H.A.R.E. is a fantastic way to give a little of your time to have a large impact on the health of people around the world, and we hope you'll join us.
- SOURCE Governing Board
- Student Sigt Savers Program
- THREAD (Formerly IMP)
- Wolfe Street Academy Tutoring
The Wolfe Street Tutoring program comprises students dedicated to making a meaningful and lasting impact on children in the neighborhoods surrounding Johns Hopkins Hospital through education, athletics, and mentorship.
- Anesthesiology Interest Group
- Bioethics Interest Group / Students Engaged in Ethics Discussion
- Business in Medicine
- Cardiology Interest Group
- Cardiothoracic Interest Group
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Interest Group
- Dermatology Interest Group
- Dialogues on Discovery
- Domestic Health Policy Interest Group
- Emergency Medicine Interest Group
- Genetic Medicine Interest Group
- Global Health Interest Group
- Hopkins Medicine Distinguished Speaker Series
- Infectious Disease Interest Group
- Internal Medicine Interest Group
- Medical Education Concentration
- Military Medicine Interest Group
- Neurology Student Interest Group
- Neurosurgery Student Interest Group
- Nutrition in Medicine
- Oncology Student Interest Group
- Ophthalmology Interest Group
- Orthopedics Interest Group
- Otolaryngology Interest Group
- Pathology Interest Group
- Patient Safety Interest Group
- Plastic Surgery Interest Group
- Primary Care Progress
- Psychiatry Interest Group
- Public Health and Preventative Medicine Interest Group
- Radiation Oncology Interest Group
- Radiology Interest Group
- Surgery Interest Group
- Urology Interest Group
- Women's Health Interest Group
- Bump, Set, Spike!
- Hopkins Association of People Practicing Yoga
- Hopkins Environmental Resourcefulness and Botanical Society (HERBS)
- Hopkins Futbol
- Hopkins Marathon Team
- Hopkins Medicine Cycling Group
- Hopkins Tennis
- Johns Hopkins Writing Group
- La Dolce Vita
- Medical Student Writing Group
- Meme - The JHU SOM literary magazine accepts written work (such as stories and poems), photos and drawings for publication. Contacts: Shannon Dunn firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sailing Activities Interest League (SAIL)
- Student Preceptor Program
- Student Who are Interested in Golf (SWING)
- Vagina Monologues
- Winter Sports Interest Group
For more information about the groups above, please contact the Medical Student Senate at Hopkinsmss@gmail.com