I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
LGBT Community at JHUSOM
Hello and Welcome to the website for the LGBTQ+ community at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine!
Hopkins and the wider Baltimore community offer many resources for LGBTQ+ individuals. Please review some of these resources below:
The Gertrude Stein Society is an organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and allied members of the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, including the Schools of Nursing, Bloomberg School of Public Health, and School of Medicine.
Gertrude Stein, the well known lesbian writer and intellectual, was a medical student at Johns Hopkins near the turn of the century, and the Gertrude Stein Society seeks to maintain her legacy of active lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer presence and involvement in the affairs of JHMI today. We are dedicated to fostering a welcoming environment on campus for students, supplementing the curriculum's LGBTQ+ material, and advocating for the rights of members of our community.
Baltimore Community Resources
- The Pride Center of Maryland
- FreeState Justice
- Parents, Families, & Friends of Lesbians & Gays (PFLAG)
- The Center for Black Equity - Baltimore
- Baltimore OUTloud Community Newspaper
- AIDS Action Baltimore
- Chase Brexton Health Services
- Baltimore Police Department LGBTQ+ Liaison Officer - 443-683-1581
- Maryland LGBTQ+ Chamber of Commerce
- Visit Baltimore LGBTQ+ Visitor Guide
Top 10 Things to Discuss with Your Health Care Provider