I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Youth/Undergraduate and Summer Opportunities Registration
Medical and graduate student groups working with minors should click on this link and follow the steps outlined: Child Safety Policy and Registration.
Program directors or administrators of School of Medicine pipeline programs for high school or undergraduate students during the academic year or in the summer should follow the steps outlined below.
Step 1: Online Registration for Programs
- Each program must register with the Office of Student Pipeline Programs via this online form (to be completed by director or administrator of the program).
Step 2: Complete Online Registration Form for Each Individual Participant/Student and Mentors of Minors
- For 14 to 17 years old (paid or unpaid) at JHUSOM, use this form (Must be completed by director or administrator of the program; do not let participants/students complete form).
- For 18 years old and older (paid or unpaid) at JHUSOM, use this form (Must be completed by director or administrator of the program; do not let participants/students complete form).
- For any mentor/supervisor of minors (14-17 years old), use this form (Must be completed by director or administrator of the program)
Step 3: Complete All Required Institutional Forms (e.g., confidentiality agreement)
- See this link for required forms and templates.
Step 4: Submit All Paperwork to SOMYouthPrograms@jhmi.edu.
- Cover Sheet: Please submit all required forms from step 3 in one complete package per student and use this cover sheet and checklist for each package.
- Approval: Upon verification of completed requirements, the Office of Student Pipeline Programs will complete the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions (JHMI) ID request form that indicates that the program participant/student is approved and can receive his/her Hopkins ID badge.
Step 5: ID Badge
- For individuals 18 or older, bring JHMI ID Request Form to the Hopkins ID office in order to receive your Hopkins ID (Johns Hopkins Hospital, Room 108, Harvey/Nelson Building, (410) 955-5333 -- Office hours are: Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4:00 pm)
- For 14-17 years old, pick up your ID from the Office of Student Pipeline Programs (Reed Hall, Room 426).
Checklists for Participating Students
Checklists that summarize the onboarding process for participating students can be found by clicking on the following links.
- Checklist for Minors (Not Working with Patients)
- Checklist for Minors (Working with Patients)
- Checklist for Adults (Not Working with Patients)
- Checklist for Adults (Working with Patients)
Requirements for Mentors of Minors
For more information on the requirements for mentors of minors, click on the following links.
Questions: Please contact SOMYouthPrograms@jhmi.edu.