All full-time Ph.D. and DDP students must be covered by medical insurance. Students must enroll in the Student Health Program offered by the School of Medicine within 30 days of registration. Changes in enrollment allowed during the September open enrollment period or as a result of a qualified "life event," provided application is made within 30 days of the qualifying event. Foreign or travelers insurance is not accepted.
Summary of Benefits for Ph.D./DDP Students
Student Health Program Cost: (21-22) (22-23)
Qualified life events include:
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Start or loss of your spouse/domestic partner’s employment
- Change in employment status (for you or your spouse/domestic partner) from part-time to full-time or full-time to part-time
- Divorce or termination of domestic partnership
- Death of your spouse/domestic partner or other dependent
- Leave of absence or sabbatical for you or your spouse/domestic partner
All students are required to enroll in University Health Services (UHS) and pay the mandatory annual fee of $850 regardless of insurance participation. The UHS fee is paid by your program. Enrollment in University Health Services provides unlimited access to adult primary care and adult mental health benefits at no additional fee. Spouse/domestic partner covered by the Student Health Program insurance may also access University Health Services at no additional cost.