All full-time medical students must be covered by health insurance. Students must enroll in the Student Health Program offered by the School of Medicine unless covered by an alternate plan meeting minimum standards established by the School of Medicine. Enrollment deadline is within 30 days of registration. Changes in enrollment allowed during the September open enrollment period or as a result of a qualified "life event" provided application is made within 30 days of the qualifying event. Foreign or travelers insurance is not accepted.
Qualified life events:
- Birth or adoption of child
- Start or loss of spouse/same-sex domestic partner’s employment
- Change in employment status (for you or your spouse/domestic partner) from part-time to full-time or full-time to part-time
- Divorce or termination of spouse/domestic partnership
- Death of spouse/domestic partner or other dependent
- Leave of absence or sabbatical for you or spouse/domestic partner