All full-time, benefits eligible, Masters Degree students must have health insurance. Students must enroll in the Student Health Program offered by the School of Medicine, unless covered by alternate health insurance meeting minimum requirements established by the School of Medicine. Enrollment must occur within 30 days of registration. Changes in enrollment can be made during the September open enrollment period, or as a result of a qualified "life event" provided application is received within 30 days of the qualifying event. Foreign or travelers insurance is not accepted.
Qualified life events include:
- Birth or adoption of child
- Start or loss of spouse/domestic partner’s employment
- Change in employment status (for you or your spouse/domestic partner) from part-time to full-time or full-time to part-time
- Divorce or termination of domestic partnership
- Death of spouse/domestic partner or other dependent
- Leave of absence or sabbatical for you or spouse/domestic partner
All students are required to enroll in University Health Services and pay the mandatory annual fee of $850 regardless of insurance participation. Enrollment in University Health Services provides unlimited access to adult primary care and adult mental health benefits at no additional cost. Spouses/domestic partners covered by the Student Health Program insurance can also access University Health Services at no additional cost.