I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
How to Request a Duplicate/Replacement Diploma
The size of the diploma is 17" x 14"
If a replacement or duplicate diploma is needed, the request must be made in writing to:
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Attn: Office of the Registrar - Diploma Request
Edward D. Miller Research Building, Suite 147
733 North Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
Be sure to include a check in the amount of $55 per diploma, payable to "The Johns Hopkins University" along with a cover letter that includes the following:
- Name at graduation
- Current name (if different, specify which name should appear on the diploma)
- Mailing address
- Phone number (in case any questions arise)
- Year of graduation
- Degree earned
- Proof of identity (include a photocopy of your driver's license, birth certificate, U.S. passport, U.S. SSN card, etc)
- Duplicate/replacement diplomas resemble the original except that the signature of the President, Dean and Chairman of the Board of Trustees are those of the current officers.
- Orders for duplicate/replacement diplomas are processed during the first week of each month, with the exception of May (diplomas are not ordered during this month as we prepare for the graduation ceremonies).
- If money is owed to JHU, the replacement/duplicate diploma will not be released until the account is brought up-to-date.
- If requesting a diploma for someone who is deceased, include proof of your identity, proof or relation to the deceased (birth certificate, being mentioned in an obituary, etc), and proof of death (obituary, death certificate).
- Please allow 6-8 weeks from the date you send your request for delivery.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of the Registrar at 410-955-3080 or by e-mail at email@example.com.